Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Raced b8 festiva vs b8 festiva. Mine had 15" rims aspire springs and full interior. My buds b8 has cold air intake, 13" rims and very little interior. His compression is 185 across the board and mine is 150-160. I get him out of the hole and thru 3 gears but then he pulls the rest of the way.

Leave a comment:

• FeistyFesti
    replied
    I feel your pain, especially since when I did it, all I had was a Dremel tool, those tiny fiber wheels don't last too long. Now that I have a 4.5 inch cut off wheel, it'd prolly be a lot easier.

Still pretty sick since Sunday, so I just removed and reinstalled head fuse, and violently shook all headlight relays and connectors so now headlights work again. When i feel better, I'll find the culprit, probably just clean and dielectric grease all connections.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Originally posted by freshtiva View Post

Lower strut bolts, when your day just is'nt sucking enough.
    I know the feeling, but hey, at least you were in your garage and not fighting them at the the junkyard. Plus, I have a feeling those lower strut bolts are having a suckier day than you are

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Installed an oil catch can.

It's an eBay kit I got for about $17. Seems to be made alright and was very easy to install.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Here is what my red stripe decal looks like on my green Festiva. I am getting ready to drill a 3/4" hole on the right side of my hatch tonight. I will be feeding in the red and green wires for the rear hatch actuator. There is no room on the left side.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Got the top end tightened up, VC somewhat cleaned and back on. Carb is still running funny, though, even after all the spray. Don't really want to disassemble it, so I'll just deal with it until I get around everything to swap to IC's.

Also changed oil and filter tonight while adjusting the lifters.

Next things to do are check/clean cap and rotor, then replace plugs and wires because I have no clue how old they are.

Anyone have a clue about deleting all the vacuum crap under the hood on a carby?

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    ^^nuf said !!!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied

Lower strut bolts, when your day just is'nt sucking enough.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
    Good to know, thanks
    No problem. :thumbright:

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Good to know, thanks

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
    Swapped the spare on so I have 4 silver wheel, took off the plastic wheel covers, Is there any harm done when running the front wheels with no sort of cover over the hub? Also thinking of painting my steelies white. They have a little surface rust on them. Do I have to sand everything before I hit em with the spray or just clean and spray?
    Sanding will help. I recommend a soft wire wheel instead. It's a bit faster.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Swapped the spare on so I have 4 silver wheel, took off the plastic wheel covers, Is there any harm done when running the front wheels with no sort of cover over the hub? Also thinking of painting my steelies white. They have a little surface rust on them. Do I have to sand everything before I hit em with the spray or just clean and spray?

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Put half a can of carb cleaner through the carb, waiting for it to cool down so I can swap the front tires to 13s and change the oil, adjust the rockers.

Ordered an air filter, should be in tomorrow.

Gonna get started cleaning up the front Aspire parts and getting them ready to swap on, along with the new shocks and front springs to match the rears.

Next is the manual brake mod, LX split folding rear seat, grille and getting tires swapped around so I can run 175/70R13 on all four corners.

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    Washed mine even thou its blown up!

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by bebandit View Post
    Today was a Great day at AreaFesty1. Blue Lightning is finally home from the paint and body shop, I bought a white 91 auto w/ac. Photos to be posted later.(of the white 91)
    I have pics of it at the discovery site! Ms. Scarlet now rests beside Red Retro, the Half-pint Hotrod! Strange things going on around here...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X