Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link5186
    replied
    I've also seen folks cap them off altogether. One reason I like Indiana, no emissions tests .
    Last edited by link5186; 06-11-2012, 10:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by link5186 View Post
    Plug the intake side and install a breather filter on the VC.

I drove mine to Greenwood to meet up with Spike, then made my way to Southeastway Park to check shelter availability as a backup plan for...

IndyStiva!
    Illegal.

Also, creates improper PCV operation because the vacuum from the PCV will pull from the easiest path, so instead of pulling the fumes from the block like it should, it'll just pull air from the filter on the other side of the VC. I'd sooner put a bolt in the hose than use a pod filter.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    What about the VC vent line?
    Plug the intake side and install a breather filter on the VC.

I drove mine to Greenwood to meet up with Spike, then made my way to Southeastway Park to check shelter availability as a backup plan for...

IndyStiva!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
    Run the pcv hose to the can, then to the intake where the pcv did go.
    What about the VC vent line?

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Run the pcv hose to the can, then to the intake where the pcv did go.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I thought about a catch can. Should I do it on the PCV line or on the little tube that runs directly from the valve cover to the intake piping? I know I have some oil getting sucked in there as the intake piping always has some in it.
    I'm not really sure. I'd try both and see which one has more crap in it.

Or block the direct line and run it on the PCV.

HF has everything you need for like $18.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I thought about a catch can. Should I do it on the PCV line or on the little tube that runs directly from the valve cover to the intake piping? I know I have some oil getting sucked in there as the intake piping always has some in it.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    AMEN!!

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
    Can I get a "Amen"!! lol
    Yeah! Sure he was like what the .... when I went by at 80ish :lol: it was on a 4 lane.. 65 spd limit.

Leave a comment:

• 2xclutchin
    replied
    Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
    I saw a geo on the way home from work and couldn't resist passing him just because... Festivas are cooler than Geos!
    Can I get a "Amen"!! lol

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    I saw a geo on the way home from work and couldn't resist passing him just because... Festivas are cooler than Geos!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Brought the Aspire rear beam up to the barn and set it in front of the new one. Then walked away. LOL

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Didn't do anything to mine (other than drove Green Car tonight) but I did ship out a couple parts... hopefully some folks will have some good use out of them

Leave a comment:

• 2xclutchin
    replied
    Recieved my spoilers from Ernst! Only took 5 buisness days to get them!! Tomorrow I might have enough time to put them on, will post a pic wen it's done!

Leave a comment:

• blkfordsedan
    replied
    Originally posted by Movin View Post
    Went wheelin and had to slide down a bank, through a ditch and up onto a road
    so I was wondering what my approach angle is.....I couldn't get it high enough
    to measure it, I want to measure before and after with the new tires..ATV
    when they get here.

LOL, I bet that makes it easy to change the mower blades, huh?
    I like the whole off-road concept (air lift, tires, bedliner paint, etc.) of your car a lot, just not sold on the red color.....I think maybe camoflage??? and some skid plates and off-road lights??:p

I think a "fun top" would be cool as well......kinda more "Jeep-ish"!
    Last edited by blkfordsedan; 06-11-2012, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X