Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link5186
    replied
    Stared at it in the driveway. ::sigh::

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied

The lowering springs didn't really lower it much, at all. They did make it stiffer through curves and give the rear end a better feel than OEM, though, without being bouncy or harsh.

PS - Those wheel center caps on the 12's, I have 6 of them... anyone interested in buying them? They're not in perfect condition, but totally clean-up-and-use-me, at least.

When I put the daisies on, I also grabbed the lug bolts from my old VW... so I can use a freakin normal 4-end lug wrench on the car. :@
    Last edited by Christ; 06-19-2012, 01:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Today was a Great day at AreaFesty1. Blue Lightning is finally home from the paint and body shop, I bought a white 91 auto w/ac. Photos to be posted later.(of the white 91)

Leave a comment:

• rockin86ranger
    replied
    Took it off the insurance, waiting to get paid on it. I then added my new ride, a 1997 Ford Windstar aka The Man Van. I picked it up for $375 off a guy at work that needed some money for dental work, I figure it will scrap for pretty close to that. The a/c works (the main reason I got it) and pretty much everything else works. The windshield has a crack running along the bottom but it is not in the line of sight, the back window on the passenger side is missing (I know where one is that I think I can get for a decent price) and the drivers side mirror needs the mirror/glass replaced. Other than that it needs the exhaust fixed properly, just need to get it up on the lift and reposition the muffler so it isn't 3inches off the ground. But for the price I think i did fine, I was offered $500 for it before I even put a mile on it, and it came with a TV/VCR combo with a digital converter.

Leave a comment:

• sam.1956
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    looks good sam. i bought a red and black shifter boot in leather from ebaya few years back and it would really set it off over the stock piece.

mine had more color, like 6-8 pieces but this is similar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-RX8-BL...1fc0ef&vxp=mtr
    Thanks! I really like the looks of that shifter boot! I do need a replacement and I have the credit card and....

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Got the rear end all buttoned up and ready to rock. Put the Daisies on the back for now, but itll end up rockin 175/70R13 most likely on steel.

The Espelir Civic drop springs fit nicely on the back and seem not overly stiff. A test drive will tell.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    looks good sam. i bought a red and black shifter boot in leather from ebaya few years back and it would really set it off over the stock piece.

mine had more color, like 6-8 pieces but this is similar

Leave a comment:

• sam.1956
    replied
    Repainted the non-descript gray interior panels this weekend, going with the red-on-black motif.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Drove it up and OVER my ramps. Killed it on take two and finally got it the third time. My wife was watching, of course. I knew it was bound to happen eventually. Thankfully the uncut Rio swap kept it just barely high enough to clear. One more reason not to cut them
    No damage, just a lot of noise.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
    Last edited by link5186; 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• frankm201
    replied
    Bought new connecting rod bearings from rock auto for my B6T for 6 dollarrs shipped... score

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    I just noticed the chain was in the pic, hanging over the bumper. That's my jack. Hooks on the tow hooks, used a "cherry picker" to lift the car up.

It's sitting with a single jack stand on the center seat belt brace in the exhaust tunnel and the two front wheels still on the ground right now, which is how it'll stay until the rear end is complete. Then I get to work on the shifter.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Noticed some clutch slip. Worst case was in second gear. I let off the clutch and accelerated. Only the engine revved, but the car didn't go faster. Finally caught and took off.... Great.

Working on the Izzystiva. Again. Traced a starter issue down to bad battery cables so I rewired the positive to the starter and also the alternator.
    Now it won't charge. The primary suspect is oil filling the alternator because of a major leak up front. The alternator worked for a minute or so after heavily washing it out. I have torn down the engine and ready to remove the crank shaft bolt. Stopped there for the night. Looks like the oil pan gasket may be bad as well.
    I hate that stupid car.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Got the Aspire rear end mounted up used the Festiva's brake lines.

Had to file out the driver's side rubber hose mount location to get the larger Festiva line to fit it, and I still won't be able to put the retainer clip back on, but the passenger side mount unbolts from the Festiva swingarm (beam) and bolts onto the Aspire unit without modification, making it possible to reuse the entire passenger side Festiva line.

Still need to replace both bleeder valves, but they're loose already, so that won't be a problem. I'll pick up a new pair tomorrow instead of reusing ones I have already (can't be cheap all the time, eh?)

I put 45mm lowering springs From my old Civic on the new stock rear (Gabriel) shocks, haven't put them in yet. Instead of using the stock lower retainer (looks like a top hat, but it's not), I'm gonna use a set of tops I have from a eBay coilover kit that are 6mm aluminum, and I glued rubber isolators to the top coil of the springs (the ones that are stock on the Festiva).

The way you see the springs in the picture, they're smaller on one end. I had to put them on "upside down" with the larger end on the strut plate, and then "force" them on. They're only a tad too small, but once they're on, they sit on nicely.

In the second picture, the thing on top of my work fuel (Mt. Dew) is the blue top hat from the old set of eBay coilovers I had.

The way everything is sitting in the pic is not right, it'll be stock lower shock retainer (or fender washer if I can find one), then lower bushing, then blue thingy.

I also found out that the Civic top hats (4G Civic/2G CRX) are too large to fit in the rear towers. They very well may fit in the fronts, though. For the rear, taking the "skirt" section off would let you mount them, and have two studs in the rear tower with which to mount a strut bar mount. I suspect the rear track is similar to that of a Civic, so maybe the eBay upper rear strut bar will work.

Later, if I really want them, I'll make new tower caps for the rear to bolt them to.
    Last edited by Christ; 06-15-2012, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Changed the oil in FestEvil yesterday! In the morning leaving out at 6am to pick up wflaw's new Aspire!

Leave a comment:

• runner406
    replied
    I got one small can of r12 in my shop lmao

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X