Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90fomoco
    replied
    Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
    Because the Festiva isn't know for its solidity....namely the doors sound flimsy...at least on mine they do. So I was gonna plunk down some bux for dynamat but I googled it and in my search I came across Peel and Seal from Lowe's for ALOT less. Try 18 bucks for 6" x 25'......and it looks alot like Dynamat. So while my doors are apart......I'll give it a shot.

Check it out, it's in the roofing section at Lowe's.
    Post some pics of your install, I am interested to see how your job works out. I know what you mean about the doors sounding flimsy. Anything to make my car quieter would be worth the effort; seems like I have to have the radio volume full throttle when on the highway. My exhaust is new and no leaks.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
    Because the Festiva isn't know for its solidity....namely the doors sound flimsy...at least on mine they do. So I was gonna plunk down some bux for dynamat but I googled it and in my search I came across Peel and Seal from Lowe's for ALOT less. Try 18 bucks for 6" x 25'......and it looks alot like Dynamat. So while my doors are apart......I'll give it a shot.

You can also find a product called "Bituthene" at most paint/weatherproofing shops for similar prices in much larger quantities.

It's an asphaltic rubber compound with a paper backing that you peel and stick to whatever. Don't screw up, it doesn't like to come off.

I've used it in place of the original sound deadening material on many vehicles. It's generally somewhat lighter.

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    dynamat alternative

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Installed the b6t throttle body today. Serious difference on the top end .

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    The poor flow of a b3 head is worse than a haphazard exhaust system. I'd get a used water is,tiosystem for 100 bucks or less and call it a day
    A used what? Injection system? That's pretty much what I was thinking about doing, water/meth for long pulls, but since I'm not running a rad fan, I also thought about mounting that DSM intercooler to keep the intake temps cool anyway and use part of the open space in front of the car for a purpose.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Recieved my manuel seat belt center section from Bert. Cleaned it up and painted it. Will install tomarrow, if no rain.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post

Is that better?
    I am SO glad I am not the only one who finds seat belts to be a multi purpose tool!

Haven't done a thing recently, too much rain!

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Originally posted by shadetree View Post
    Pics or it didn't happin. Keep rolling man you'll get there .

Is that better?

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    The poor flow of a b3 head is worse than a haphazard exhaust system. I'd get a used water is,tiosystem for 100 bucks or less and call it a day

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied

Hey Fred good for you, but we need pic's The good, the bad and the ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Bought #6 today and brought her home... 88' Carby!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    After some deliberation and rudimentary measuring of the flange that comes on the Aspire Manifold stock (the 3 bolt), and looking at the exhaust inlet of the GT17, I've decided that we're not going to cut the flange off the manifold and try to match the pipe up to the square cutout in it, instead we're just going to weld the header flange right to the existing flange, then cleanup any "overhang" from the OE flange.

It's not exactly optimal for flow, but it'll get the job done easily enough. Once the flange plate comes in this week, I'll be able to set it against an engine and see how things are going to line up as far as exact turbo placement, then grab an oil pan and see if we can weld a threaded plate to the inside of it to accept the oil drain (or figure something else out).

Probably not going to run the FMIC for now, or possibly at all... I also have a DSM side mount that will fit in the opening to the passenger side of the radiator, and considering the small "need" for this turbo (@ ~5psi), I probably won't really need an intercooler anyway. I'm not planning on much more than 80BHP after this is installed on the stock electronics, and I don't plan on tuning it, either. If I really wanted to make a ton more power, I'd be boosting a BP or something. The extra grunt will certainly help out when pulling or going up hills, though, so it'll be a welcome change.

Pics when it's lined up and welded.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Drove it out to gauge_half_inch's place for a minimeet with 91mcnasty at pickapart. Helped them pull the trans from a Capri xr2. I scored the b6t throttle body. The engine is still there with a nice looking hole in the side of the oil pan . Head, manifolds, turbo are all probably all still useable.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    I'll be there and I'll grab some!!!!Look like we went to bed at the same time gauge.

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
    Got the egt bp/hyg dropped into my shell, axles in and 2 mounts made. Decent progress for a half day, but wanted to get more done.
    Pics or it didn't happin. Keep rolling man you'll get there .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X