Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ckiesman
    replied
    i actually finished up my rear washer so it wont just spray on the ground.... lol

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Yea, we'll drill a hole in it, or 3. The car was in a wreck and is totaled so it won't go for resale, once I get the swap done it goes to the wrecker.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
    Opened the Protege that's been sitting out all winter, to find about four inches of fetid water in the rear passenger footwell and a layer of mold on anything that will grow it...
    Any time I lift the carpet and see rust, I pretty well know that either the body or the seals have been compromised. Before I put it away to stand, I would drill the smallest of holes at the lowest point in the footwell. You will be surprised how well water will find it's way back out again.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    From what I was told about Purple Power when I was going to use it on my AMC Eagle engine that had a leaking Valve Cover...was to just spray it on generously in the engine bay. Let it soak for a bit and wash it away. Maybe doing this a couple times if I had to. Seems like if you don't scrub and you wash it off pretty quick it shouldn't harm the paint...I'm not certain about this though.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I used purple power if you scrub to hard it will remove paint.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I really don't know...figured you were using it in the Engine bay so it really doesn't matter that much. Here's a forum thread I found on an RX7 site.

2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) - purple power on paint = bad??? - I was out cleaning my top with some full strength purple power and i accidentally spilled a minute amount on my hood so i quickly wiped it off and damn if it didnt leave a nice shiny spot.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Opened the Protege that's been sitting out all winter, to find about four inches of fetid water in the rear passenger footwell and a layer of mold on anything that will grow it... Needless to say I just closed it right back up and am hoping I won't need anything more out of the interior for the BP swap and it will go peacefully to the scrapper over the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Will that harm the paint?

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Purple Power!

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Finished the crank seal replacement on Aqua.
    Got the muffler welded back on and the resonator welded up. So much quieter now.
    I was going to wash and wax but it decided to storm today. Always does on my day off.....
    I did manage to degrease the engine and some of the hood. I need something stronger than car soap to cut the grease.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Well the last couple days I've been busy buying things for my Festy. Picked up some LX seats and aluminum wheels on Friday and bought a Grant Steering wheel today.

One of the wheels is pretty badly curbed. Another has a couple scratches and only have two center caps.

Grant Challenger

Leave a comment:

• johnmt
    replied
    Well, it wasn't quite today..last Thursday I performed a little customization to the right front corner of my 89 L thanks to a deer on my way home from work. He exploded my right corner marker light and put a few more dents in my dented fender but was nice enough to die on the spot. The car is still as drivable as it ever was and the deer is hanging in the barn. Darn terrorist deer, anyway.
    John

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Today I washed and waxed my red car.
    And nearly finished changing the front crank seal on the Aqua. Also inspected the rear brakes to see why the parking brake sucked. All appeared normal but I did forget that passenger side nut was reverse threaded.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

The B6 swap isn't hard to do at all. You use the thermostat assembly (including the housing, thermostat, and the plug in the block beside the thermostat), coolant pipe on the block (and corresponding hose to the heater core) and the entire alternator/engine mount bracket from the B3. You'll need to use the B3 flywheel and clutch as well. Replace the B6 stuff with that, and it's virtually a B3 engine at that point. The wiring harnesses are the same.
    Last edited by DriverOne; 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Tempting............. I've never done a engine swap though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X