Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordOfTheCars
    replied
    Installed a distributor. runs evey time now...

Looking for a hot stumble/almost stall on hard throttle...

Lit myself up on #4 plug wire... The distributor is definatly working. (OUCH)

Soldered 2 wires back where they were cut and spliced in to, a bad job as it fell apart.

Ive had the beast about 2 weeks and dove it a little as I am trying to sot out it's issues.

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Finally got around to a custom intake!

I've been collecting bits and pieces over the last year or so. There are some Volvo turbo and Saab turbo parts in there somewhere.

I'm pretty close to figuring out a setup that replaces the stock air filter box with an aftermarket cone filter. I'm trying to see if I can come up with a setup that can be shielded from alot of the hot air under the hood.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    looks very nice ! job well done !

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Finally got around to a custom intake!

I've been collecting bits and pieces over the last year or so. There are some Volvo turbo and Saab turbo parts in there somewhere.

I'm pretty close to figuring out a setup that replaces the stock air filter box with an aftermarket cone filter. I'm trying to see if I can come up with a setup that can be shielded from alot of the hot air under the hood.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Movin
    replied
    Went to an off hiway 50 mile poker run yesterday. I got the job manning check
    point one 18 miles out. That in itself was fun but a 900 polaris razr led me out
    to the check point...Festiva sideways and on his butt all the way out..coming back
    was just as much fun!!
    Washed the car and going to our snowmobile club banquet today, at the snow park on
    the south border of Crater lake snow park. Tri-tip smoked and on BBQ...fun fun fun!!

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by mannyd View Post
    Went to Discount Tires and had two new tires put on rear. In all it came out to $188.23, I think that's kind of high for two little 12's but I needed them so Oh Well!
    Yeah I think your right!
    What did they charge you for?
    I would expect nearer to $100, for 2 tires, mounting, balancing, and tax.

Leave a comment:

• mannyd
    replied
    Went to Discount Tires and had two new tires put on rear. In all it came out to $188.23, I think that's kind of high for two little 12's but I needed them so Oh Well!

Leave a comment:

• FeistyFesti
    replied
    Originally posted by runner406 View Post
    Got the windows tinted limo black on the bone today looks killer
    Runner any chance you can do a how to on your tint job?

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    I wasted an entire afternoon of quality working time that should have been spent working on my bp/hyg swap in my shell, instead I was forced to move it yet again to another location. With so many delays my deadline of ohiostiva is falling way short. still waiting on swaintech to send me bad my b6 pistons for my turbo car.

Leave a comment:

• FeistyFesti
    replied
    Painted my wheels black, prepped the engine bay for black paint, redid the battery hold down with two eyelets for a cleaner and easier remove and replace, and put a lid on the "battery box cold air intake".

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Let my wife drive it!
    Please keep all 4 wheels on the ground...

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Officially ready to get rid of them, end of an era.... I will miss it GREATLY.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Installed 9/10ths of an air conditioner at a local car wash.

Next task, make it work

Leave a comment:

• runner406
    replied
    Got the windows tinted limo black on the bone today looks killer

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    Custom bumpers, rims, lowering, turbo swaps are all functional changes, some of which happen to look nice while doing so.

That's the difference. Rice is trying to look faster/etc than you are. Function IS form, not the other way around.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Major Bummer alert. Went over to pick up the supposed EGT at the scoutmaster's house, checked the engine. It's a valve seat munching 1.9................. Boooooo. That would've been waaaay too easy to get a running donor car for free, apparently nothing is going to work for me the first time on this car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X