Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ
    replied
    For the record, guys, nose down will NOT improve aero on your car. The change will be essentially imperceptible, but WILL DEFINITELY be negative.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Compression test on blue. 125-135-135-135. Even wear, yay. Shot up to 170 with a splash of oil.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• deathrace2000
    replied
    Unstuck my E-brake.

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
    Agreed; both good ideas. Hey I'm all about improving the aerodynamics of "my little coke-can on tires" that can barely achieve Deci-Mach (76 mph).
    People may laugh at you and point, lol.......But only if you went as far as I did......:p

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Got 4 new tires for euro.....Falken Ziex. 195/50/15.....Cheap haha

Leave a comment:

• sam.1956
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    That is TWO good ideas in a row I have seen from you.

I approve

I have always been scared to cut a spring. I wonder if one inch would be enough to get rid of that nose down look?

Me? I have been thinking of the same mod to achieve that nose down look!

Wouldn't it improve the aerodynamics anyway?
    Agreed; both good ideas. Hey I'm all about improving the aerodynamics of "my little coke-can on tires" that can barely achieve Deci-Mach (76 mph).

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I'd be interested in a couple of tires but not sure about shipping.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    I am........... sadly going to be getting out of the festiva game quite soon. 5 cars is too many, and I can't get myself to get rid of the 5 speed Prixs for what I can get out of them. Not to mention, I've been forced to quit the paper route, so I won't need them like I do now. Also, the bodys are.... not exactly safe.

If anyone wants anything, hit me up... I have 6 12" with quite good tread, I also have 4 13" wheels... Nothing rare, but lots of newer parts.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Found reason #120 why I hate this car.

Rear tow hooks - bolted AND welded. WTF? Hammer took care of it.

Ok... now that I'm done venting almost half an hour later, I'm gonna be installing a class 5 with a 2" receiver to the car.

I knocked off the tow hooks and it fits perfectly between the bolt locations for them, with a flange that nearly matches up to the "frame" rails, at least enough to sink 2 bolts on each side. I'll use carriage bolts so they don't protrude inside the car, and washers top and bottom, as well as using the OEM tow hook bolts to fasten the forward flanges to the mount. Should be able to pull anything the car can actually handle pulling without coming loose or fatiguing the mount locations, up to and including other cars, either using a tow bar, dolly, or small trailer.

While back there, I found paint peeling and surface rust. Time to get out the wire wheel and asphaltic tar. (Fiber reinforced roof cement.)
    Last edited by Christ; 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    ^ Ha, ha. Been there, done that. Allmost knocked my dumb self out!

Leave a comment:

• runner406
    replied
    Opened the trunk checked my phone charger on my jump box i stored in the trunk of the car pulled trunk down and gashed my freaking head with the edge of the trunk by the tail lite , not a happy moment , and yes four letter words were used

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Renewed my registration yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Ford Fester
    replied
    Finshed the capri brake swap on junior at cut the aspire springs by 2 coils.....really loving the stance. Brake swap went pretty smooth a looks good. Now just have just have to bleed them and enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    That is TWO good ideas in a row I have seen from you.

I approve

I have always been scared to cut a spring. I wonder if one inch would be enough to get rid of that nose down look?

Me? I have been thinking of the same mod to achieve that nose down look!

Wouldn't it improve the aerodynamics anyway?
    Such a slight improvement it would be imperceptible.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    But still 3238 posts!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X