Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DriverOne
    replied
    Stared at it. Yeah, that's right. Jealous?

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Snagged a set of capri xr2 axles at the local Pic-a-part for my shell, got a sohc vaccum distributer that I van lock out for the ms setup I'm getting for turbo car. First time I ever got everything I wanted on a trip.

Leave a comment:

• NTRCOOL
    replied
    Finished tinting the door and hatch windows today. Waterpump change yesterday. Still waiting on struts.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Oil change yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    It is true (for the most part) that lowering the car will increase your MPG.......That being said, there are many things you could do that are easier, lol........

Take a look here ---> http://ecomodder.com/forum/fuel-econ...ifications.php
    Last edited by Darlo; 05-05-2012, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Theres a lot more to it than that.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Since late Thursday, pulled the fuel injectors off Boopstiva, and cleaned some of the crud out of her gas tank.

Some of the crud in a box. Injectors are soaking, planning on blowing them out Monday. Fingers crossed she starts afterwards...

Installed a white face Instrument Cluster sam.1956 hooked me up with at NCStiva. Looks cool. Did I mention it has a TACH?! Put that bad boy in baby car!

Booyah, baby!

Sam, you can't break 80???

Aerodynamics= Me a dummy. I would think that lessening the gap between the bottom of the car and the road would improve things.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
    I do recognize that fact. Just having some tongue-in-cheek verbal fun.
    A Festiva has the aerodynamics of a red brick.

(Hyperbole is the best thing EVERRRR!)
    It's got a pretty standard cD and small A, so while it needs improvement, it's not overall terrible.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post

It's got a pretty standard cD and small A, so while it needs improvement, it's not overall terrible.

Leave a comment:

• sam.1956
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    For the record, guys, nose down will NOT improve aero on your car. The change will be essentially imperceptible, but WILL DEFINITELY be negative.

Leave a comment:

• newcomb
    replied
    Sanded her down. Removed all locks. Lights handles and taped off windows shooting primer saturday morning

Leave a comment:

• DrMaxwellEdison
    replied
    started deliberating with a future member about getting my 93 GL... need to start working on it again.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    I looked at it sadly in the driveway as I packaged up my new pistons to be sent to swaintech... I wish it wasn't running on 3 1/2 cylinders and puking oil out of the catch can big things in store though.

Leave a comment:

• georgeb
    replied
    Drove my parts-shed '93. Been sitting a year. Sputtered every once and awhile and has a stuck caliper. Waiting on historic tag eligibility 1/13.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Put the MK2 struts from the Golf on the rear today... Lumber wagon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X