Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• junspeed
    replied
    mounted lighted upper spoiler no. 1

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
    Kartracer46, Scitzz & I did a rear spring upgrade Saturday: replaced the anemic rear springs with Festiva front springs. No more fenders scrubbing on the rear tires! I may need to cut off one coil to get the ride height where I want it... the car is definitely "nose-down" now.

Did I mention we wrung the head off several bolts in the process & thus were compelled to play with high current electrical welding toys?
    You can lower the rear about 3/4" by removing the lower rubber bushing from the tower and replacing it with a nylon washer backed by a steel washer. You can gain another 1/4" by removing the lower shock bushing and replacing it with either delrin or aluminum bushing milled with an offset hole. That might keep you from cutting the springs if you only need an inch or so. The first mod will pre-load the spring slightly, though, which makes it slightly harder. If you do the lowers, drill a hole in the bushing sleeve and pin the new bushing in place so it can't rotate.

Leave a comment:

• sam.1956
    replied
    Kartracer46, Scitzz & I did a rear spring upgrade Saturday: replaced the anemic rear springs with Festiva front springs. No more fenders scrubbing on the rear tires! I may need to cut off one coil to get the ride height where I want it... the car is definitely "nose-down" now.

Did I mention we wrung the head off several bolts in the process & thus were compelled to play with high current electrical welding toys?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Tweak embarrassed this car over the weekend!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• junspeed
    replied
    Brake booster got busted, so I replaced with a new one. Not that easy, I had to pull out the steering column from the U joints. Bled the master thru the fittings again but this time, only few pumps on the pedal pushed the air out

Leave a comment:

• powered by honda
    replied
    what I've done

Well not sure where else 2 put this so yea. I pull the white dash out of my car and put n an orange cluster. I put in a split back seats. Drilled the holes in the air box. Put in the switch for the automatic mirrors also put passenger side mirror on. I have a car with tilt steering n the junk yard thinking of doing that next. But I am kind of board doing all this alone. Trying. 2 figure out how to post the right pics 2 this sucks

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    I thought that freshtiva and fesdiva were the two you bought brand new together.
    It was Freshtiva ( formerly Big Bertha ) and Lil Bertha ( the wifes 1st ) that we bought togather. Diva came from Kansas City Kansas, Eric Smith turned me on to it.

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
    Marcus, you still have that rear seat cover I sold you?
    Those are the ones pictured, just never got around to installing them.

Leave a comment:

• runner406
    replied
    I looked at them both and wondered when id have time to do anything for myself ugh

Leave a comment:

• 91blufestiva
    replied
    Marcus, you still have that rear seat cover I sold you?

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I thought that freshtiva and fesdiva were the two you bought brand new together.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Festdiva's P.O. must have dropped his cigar in the back seat. It fell in the fold thus burning both the upper and lower seat covers. Did some swapping with Deathrace2000 for a replacement today. I had a good cover for a replacement but installing a different seat was much easier. If anyone needs the blue stripe covers I have a good set.

Leave a comment:

• DrMaxwellEdison
    replied
    Finally getting around to replacing mom's B3 head on the 90L tomorrow afternoon

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    High School Tailgate Party!! Not as good as the ones before football games with 40-50 people though. The biggest one we've had was before the game against our rivals from Coupeville, our Freshman cheerleaders invited the Coupevillians over for food, needless to say it was very tense and there was a strong possibility I was gonna have to go for the tire Iron...

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    That's got me wondering if a Neon bumper would line up anything close... the width seems about the same... :daydreaming:

Leave a comment:

• FeistyFesti
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    It actually /is/ an Aspire unit. I'm gonna keep it around anyway, and cut both threaded ends completely off. I might eventually make some sleeves to press fit onto the ends with the correct threaded diameter and see how it works. No sense in throwing it away when I can use it for other stuff (like test fitting parts).
    Perhaps make a front or rear strut tower brace with it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X