Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    where's the pictures?

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Painted the A-pillar interior panels black. Painting headliner black tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    Black tape actually works really well for this and doesn't chip like paint will on the brake lines. Whenever I put new lines on, I wrap them tightly with black tape unless I have enough shrink tubing for them. Then almost never have to replace another line XD
    Good idea.. the residue alone would get the rust away.

Got the Aspire rear suspension in. I'm amazed how well it rides now. Probably should of cut the springs quite a rake to to it. Next is the front sway bar, radiator, and I might attempt swapping the automatic.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Welded up a resonated test pipe for Tweak in hopes that ill still have a little of my hearing left after my trip to madness.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    what pipe ? the air intake is from an aspire

Leave a comment:

• juanj0
    replied
    Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post
    painted engine a little
    that pipe is oem on that engine?

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    painted engine a little

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    The ceramic will stop better than metallic or asbestos pads. But, they will wear your rotors down quicker. I can only afford cheapo asbestos pads + no Gymkhanna.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Installing ceramic brake pads today, hopefully they'll stop better and decrease dust.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    He looks at me, thinks for a second, and just says "Follow me!".

Dear God. I have no traction on gravel, rear springs are getting bad.. usual gravel top speed = 25-30MPH. The kid's going 55-60! Blind corners, hills, potholes! So much jumping! Sliding!

FUNNEST TIME I'VE HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Probably lasted 5 or so miles.

I mean, I've squealed the tires a few times, but that was downright awesome.
    Hahaha, thanks for the laugh

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    Wire brushed some rust around the rear bumper mounting points and hit it with some rustoulem. Still need to hit the rear brake lines before they rust through. Hopefully going to get the Aspire's rear suspension in tomorrow. Need to do some work on the tires not sure if I'll have time.
    Black tape actually works really well for this and doesn't chip like paint will on the brake lines. Whenever I put new lines on, I wrap them tightly with black tape unless I have enough shrink tubing for them. Then almost never have to replace another line XD

Leave a comment:

• David88
    replied
    Just lowered in an Aspire harvested B3.

Leave a comment:

• pointA2B
    replied
    still on operation "Decon" magic eraser is some awesome stuff on the plastic and door panels.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Wire brushed some rust around the rear bumper mounting points and hit it with some rustoulem. Still need to hit the rear brake lines before they rust through. Hopefully going to get the Aspire's rear suspension in tomorrow. Need to do some work on the tires not sure if I'll have time.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Didn't do anything to the Festiva today, but did do something with/for it.

Went out to look at the only local Aspire at a junk yard waaaayy out in the country. Got lost, saw a kid out on a dirtbike and asked him where the yard was.. He looks at me, thinks for a second, and just says "Follow me!".

Dear God. I have no traction on gravel, rear springs are getting bad.. usual gravel top speed = 25-30MPH. The kid's going 55-60! Blind corners, hills, potholes! So much jumping! Sliding!

FUNNEST TIME I'VE HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Probably lasted 5 or so miles.

I mean, I've squealed the tires a few times, but that was downright awesome.

But anyway, yeah. Aspire rear looked good, 127k miles.

Picking it up in a week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X