Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kumalaba
    replied
    i think junspeed had both for sale jay

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    ^jealous, i need the grill and headlights and can't find any.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Nice!
    Drift sticker on a fwd car for the laughs! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• ELUSIVE
    replied
    Got this little beast today for a donor car.
    Can finally start making some progress now

Leave a comment:

• rockin86ranger
    replied
    Got my cv shaft and new shock installed (Made a world of difference still needs some minor tweaking to get the car right) Ran into a new problem with my tail lights and lights for the HVAC wanting to stay on (I'll have to dig into that more, I'm thinking I'll just swap the whole collumn from the parts car), and had the bearing in the blower motor try to seize up so i have no heat, so i'm still in the Taurus till i get the motors swapped (I think i have a good one laying around). Had a lot to do today so i don't have any pics of anything.

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    Sounds cool lets see the hood.
    maybe tomorrow if i can get the back side tacked and ground

Leave a comment:

• WulfgarTheGreat
    replied
    In the process of removing my gas tank and finally got a battery!

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
    Any time htchbck! I spent the day fabricating a custom hood for twizted. I am going with all steel, it really hasn't added much wait and I get to use my mig welder. This hood is being made from recycled Festiva pieces and parts from bent and mangled parts that were in the scrap pile.
    Sounds cool lets see the hood.

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Any time htchbck! I spent the day fabricating a custom hood for twizted. I am going with all steel, it really hasn't added much wait and I get to use my mig welder. This hood is being made from recycled Festiva pieces and parts from bent and mangled parts that were in the scrap pile.

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by jbuck1975 View Post
    Had to call the wife. Lol

89 Festiva. carby. needs repairs!!
    Running out of gas sucks.But then having to call the Boss & explain...:p

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Got a radio in Festevil today! Drove him about 100 miles for pizza, got 33mpg, not too terrible for a 4 speed running for the first time in two years with half his vac lines cut or missing lol. Hopefully with Jay's help via text and email I will have him set back straight soon! I've heard the term "pray to the car gods" before, but when the 88L acts up I go straight to the source! I call upon the "carb god"! Lol, but seriously, Jay is the MAN when it comes to carbies, with or without the use of both his hands! I searched for about an hour for a wire to plug into today and couldn't find it. Texted Jay and he said "Oh, plug is built into the back of the alt, there is no wire". Sure enough, there it was! Gotta love him! (even if he did take my silver sunroof car with the bad rear bearings ) :lol:

Leave a comment:

• rockin86ranger
    replied
    got the wiring harness put in for the radio, now i need to make a ground and run my sub lines. Then i need to figure out to get my radio cage mounted and fit all the wiring and radio in that tiny hole. I also got my 6.5s mounted under the factory rear speaker covers (looks stock as apposed to the old ones that has 6x9 mounted through the top). Hopefully tommorow after i get a van tuned up and get the oil changed in my taurus i will be able to get my rear shock and passenger cv shaft installed.

I still need to make a box for my new 6x9s, I'm thinking about making a small box and placing them under the front of the front seats (trying to make everything look factory/hidden for security reasons) and figure out how to get my 10s to fit where i want them to.

Also went to the junkyard yesterday and the one Festiva they had was gone :-( but i managed to get all the parts to fix my buddys interior in his silverado and found a hood for another friends c10. They did have a miata though (Was really tempted to try to buy it and a really clean 2door metro) Is there any parts i can get from a miata?

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    Sucks for you I'm sure nagging insued.
    Anyways today was both a happy and sad day. After laying my grandfather to rest, I picked up #4. you pic seekers will get your fix tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• jbuck1975
    replied
    Originally posted by 91mcnasty View Post
    How'd you get gas?
    Had to call the wife. Lol

89 Festiva. carby. needs repairs!!

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    How'd you get gas?

Leave a comment: