Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been getting 33-34 out of mine recently. This past summer was more like 39 in all conditions no matter how I drove.
    -Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
      I've been getting 33-34 out of mine recently. This past summer was more like 39 in all conditions no matter how I drove.
      Hmm.

I think I will try going the stop light route, and see if it makes any difference.

And by routes I am meaning routes to work. lol
      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-05-2014, 05:21 PM.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
        Never heard of the stuff.
        Any old washer fluid washes it off. Though now I am partial to the Rain-X brand, I did notice a improvement with my rear window with the rain-x over the cheapo blue stuff.

Definitely worth the extra buck or two.
        Here.. http://www.saltx.com

sent from the depths of hell.
        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km
        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestivaCollector View Post
          I went to Ft Walton and bought # 6. I drove it onto a dolly and dragged it from Ft Walton to Auburn Al. It pulled easy. The seller had contacted a battle buddy of mine to sell it for scrap. He was offered $100 if seller would drive it to Andalusia. My battle remembered I was a freak about Festiva's and called the tip to me. So, I have another Festiva and got it for $200. Runs! 91 gl ford blue
          Dude
          you were in ft walton beach fl ? And didn't contact me that's 5 minutes away.
          ;
          www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
          rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
          '92 Festiva L M/T
          '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Tried to get its doors open.

All frozen shut, once inside I tried to yank the door lock topper thing with pliers to break the ice inside the door, and ended up shattering it.

Can the piece of plastic on top just be replaced, or do I need to change out that entire rod?

Comment

• You most likely broke the black plastic ear on the inside. Remove door panel, remove vapor barrier. Check to see how to undo white nylon pivot or metal pivot, because handle rod is part of the door lock mechanism.
              Remove two handle mount nuts.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 01-06-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• The little plastic piece that you push/pull to lock/unlock the door? Yes, but you have to remove the rod from the mechanism and unscrew the broken one and replace. Very easy.
                -Bryant

Comment

• Been looking at getting some hubcaps for the 13" Metro Steelies.

Don't want something too conservative, but don't want something that looks stupid. Kinda hard because there doesn't seem to be any middle ground when searching on ebay.

I thought the Honda hubcaps would look great, but they use a plastic lug retainer system instead of a retainer ring so that kills that idea.

Comment

• I had the stainless salt flat racing ones on my steelies. new they were about 89.95, they pop up used a lot
                    Last edited by getnpsi; 01-08-2014, 10:53 PM.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Cleared just enough of the windshield to putt across the street into a local business' back parking lot. There, I unloaded the rest of the 10" of snow off the windshield, hood, roof, bumpers and side windows. Pretty sure the suspension came up as the snow fell off, lol.

Last week I rewired the remote start to power the blower (instead of the radio, doh). I had remote started it as I walked out of the store, but the blower wasn't running when I got in... Even after I turned the key to run it was still off. Checked the fuse real quick but it was good. I feared I screwed something major up. Sitting at a light in traffic, I thunk "hit it", like a starter on it's last legs needs a hammer's tap to get going, I'd hit the blower motor. One solid whack and it works again, hahaha.
                      -Zack
                      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                        I had the stainless salt flat racing ones on my steelies. new they were about 89.95, they pop up used a lot
                        Eh not really mine thing.

I think these painted white would look pretty slick.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                          Eh not really mine thing.

I think these painted white would look pretty slick.
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-Universal...4b2bdd&vxp=mtr
                          I 2nd that notion

sent from the depths of hell.
                          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km
                          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Blocked off the grille, and lower scoop or whatever you call it with cardboard.

See how this works.

Comment

• Dropped the valve cover off at the powder coating shop.
                              Gonna have it painted a candy red that's a close match to the exterior paint color.
                              Should be ready for pickup within 10 days or so.
                              Can't wait!
                              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Bought some map pockets (thanks to 1chrisapple) They were dirty and scuffed up so I gave them a bath. They turned out pretty well. I think I may try painting them, but not sure yet.

I'm not going to install them until it warms out outside, so I'm just collecting stuff for the time being.

'03 Grand Am GT SC/T (DD)
                                '93 Festiva L (Blue)
                                '91 Festiva L (Red) (Sold)
                                '87 Monte Carlo SS Areo Coupe
                                '68 Ranchero Fairlane 500 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X