Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movin
    replied
    type of grease seems to make more of a difference than brand of bearing.
    proper set up of bearing seems to make more of a diff than type of grease.
    Correct seals seem to make more of a diff than bearing set up.
    using proper tools seems to make more of a diff than brand of bearing..

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    ^I heard PAM works too, anyway, I've decided I need to un stick my ebrake, it's always been a little sticky, but our recent cold weather has made it so I am laughed at as my car squeals through the school parking lot, SO I found the thread explaining what siezes, I pulled the rear wheel today and have found that it is definetly very stuck on the bit inside the drum, I will check with the school shop tomorrow to see if I can leave it there overnight while I got some PB blaster working on it. I will probably do the rear bearings while I have the drum off, and probs new shoes too. Any recomendations on the brakes or bearings as far as brands?
    Also, the Timken's listed on Rock auto, do they include everything I need, or do I need to get races too or something like that?
    Last edited by kellen302; 01-25-2012, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    or vaseline them

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    I got a gas door. It's inside the car with the grill and valve cover that got painted also. It's alot more metallic than I expected. Just have to do the black around the windows then I can put the motor back in!

Paul, let the air out of the tires. Then take a stack of business cards and stick them into the wheel between the rim and tire all the way around. Waa laa no more overspray!
    Eurotiva showed me this when I still had steel wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    ^^sounds like you got some of my luck lol

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    ^we gotta teach u the card trick! Looks good for a quicky.
    your car is looking good now that it's back to blue :thumbright:

Leave a comment:

• jbuck1975
    replied
    Tire went flat. And my spare was flat!

EVO deck'd out with Bruce Lee

Leave a comment:

• jbuck1975
    replied
    You need a gas door?

EVO deck'd out with Bruce Lee

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I'll take a learnin'.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    ^we gotta teach u the card trick! Looks good for a quicky.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    Swapped the back bumper with beastly built in trailer hitch for stock. Pulled the custom trailer wiring harness out. Put stock tail light wiring harnesses back in. Pulled my 15" tenzo's. Painted a set of aspire steelies. Installed a new set of 13"s on those stock aspire steelies. Cream puff is getting closer to ready to deliver. I fully expect my LONG time friend and new owner to join up.
    Oh yeah! Gonna be an exciting weekend!

Today at lunch I got about 1/2 way through with the rear brakes on Danny's car, driver side adjuster was stuck so had a fun time getting the drum off :lol: Its all good now though, just gotta finish it up tomorrow and then install the ECU

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Swapped the back bumper with beastly built in trailer hitch for stock. Pulled the custom trailer wiring harness out. Put stock tail light wiring harnesses back in. Pulled my 15" tenzo's. Painted a set of aspire steelies. Installed a new set of 13"s on those stock aspire steelies. Cream puff is getting closer to ready to deliver. I fully expect my LONG time friend and new owner to join up.

Leave a comment:

• Scene_Stiva
    replied
    Put gas in her and drove her loo

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    Originally posted by mattman View Post
    heading to the mcparts house to get some brake pads
    ill have your wheel this wknd & i can ship out to you or bring to a meet. lmk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X