Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oren09
    replied
    I wish it would rain here. Freaking 104 degrees.

Today I replaced my drum brake shoes and springs. Replaced wheel cylinders as well when one deicded to squirt across the garage after reassembling drums.
    Front pad replacement to come soon.

Replaced battery cable connectors. Factory ones just weren't clamping and the postive kept coming off causing* click* dead car at key turn.

Leave a comment:

• Zanzer
    replied
    ^^ Oh ya! Rains everyday at 3pm! You can set your watch by it LOL

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
    I've barely touched a car since last Friday It's rained here everyday and you almost need SCUBA gear to breathe outside in the humidity :cussing:
    Been rainin' here a week also. May stop next Thurs. Only checked weather 'till then. Of course this is Florida!

Leave a comment:

• Zanzer
    replied
    I've barely touched a car since last Friday It's rained here everyday and you almost need SCUBA gear to breathe outside in the humidity :cussing:

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Installed my clear turn signals. They came from Calf. in 3 days!

Leave a comment:

• mikeand
    replied
    I got my dash w/tach installed yesterday. Even made the mileage match the old odometer.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    ^ This true. I have 4 Timken bearings setting on my counter ready for install!

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    ^x2 and might save you some headaches down the road

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Depending on the mileage on the hubs/bearings, it might be added insurance to change the bearings while it's apart.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Yes, Tom has the capri setup. I was over there yesterday morning looking at it.
    No, I dont have a press, but members here have used the axle nut to install the hub.
    I just got off the phone with a shop about having the hubs pressed on/off. They want $40 per hub and said it would destroy the bearings, so i'm currently looking for a shop that knows what they are doing so they dont destroy the bearings.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by drddan View Post
    Today, I cussed the Festiva brake rotor design!

I am in the middle of putting on new rotors.

There is a 1991 Capri at pick-n-pull. I am contiplating switching to the Capri front knuckle and brakes, but I have all the parts for the Festiva brakes already! ......Hmmmm.....
    You have a member local to you, who is currently runing the Capri setup!

Otherwise, do you have a press to but the OEM style rotor back on?

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Today, I cussed the Festiva brake rotor design!

I am in the middle of putting on new rotors.

There is a 1991 Capri at pick-n-pull. I am contiplating switching to the Capri front knuckle and brakes, but I have all the parts for the Festiva brakes already! ......Hmmmm.....

Leave a comment:

• juanj0
    replied
    yesterday i installed th a/c on my festy and tomorrw i will install the isuzu stylus front bumper

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    C'mon guys we need this to be the first 1000 post thread.

I put in an Aspire m/c replacing my stock one that was starting to go out.
    Started by me!!

Today, I replaced literally ALL exhaust components. ITS SO QUIET NOW!!! Oh its so nice!!

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Pulled Twizted out, got him all cleaned up and fixed a vibration issue. I will finally get to drive him again and keep my fillings in my teeth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X