Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^wow so kool!!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
      Went to the JY this morning and got me a drivers door, rad fan, one rear drum, A vertical support piece off the front end, & a radio/temp cover and other parts from the inside. I will probably go back and get other parts off of other festies since I didn't have time to this morning.
      Get the Speedo gear /dipstick from the trans. & the Thermostat houseing.
      People always breaking them.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Drove it to Pull-a-Part. Hitch ball + metal bar that hold the ball, $3. Rust-free Aspire e-brake cable, $6.54. It'll be awesome to have a parking brake.. be the first one I've ever had on a car lol.

Also picked up 3 Kia Rio 'handle bars' (the straps you grab onto when getting out of a car). Can't wait to install in the Festiva!

-Joe
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
          Get the Speedo gear /dipstick from the trans. & the Thermostat houseing.
          People always breaking them.
          Oh yeah, the thermostat housing I forgot about that. I will get them tomorrow morning as well. I know one of the 5 Festies does not have that housing because the head was missing on the one. I'm hoping one of 2 Festies I didn't see has a good radiator in it. Oherwise I will have to get a new one of those.
          1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
          1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
          2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
          2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
          2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
          1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• I fixed the timing belt tensioner today, turns out I have been driving for months with the only thing holding that tensioner was the spring, and the belt tension, not even a broken bolt, bolt was completely gone. Luckily I found a bolt in a pile of bolts that was just the right size and length, so I used that. Now the engine is nice and quiet, Well about as quiet as a 24 year old, never been rebuilt engine can be. That tensioner flopping around made ALLOT of noise.

Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
            Oh yeah, the thermostat housing I forgot about that. I will get them tomorrow morning as well. I know one of the 5 Festies does not have that housing because the head was missing on the one. I'm hoping one of 2 Festies I didn't see has a good radiator in it. Oherwise I will have to get a new one of those.
            Do any of them have a rust free hood? I could use one.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
              I fixed the timing belt tensioner today, turns out I have been driving for months with the only thing holding that tensioner was the spring, and the belt tension, not even a broken bolt, bolt was completely gone. Luckily I found a bolt in a pile of bolts that was just the right size and length, so I used that. Now the engine is nice and quiet, Well about as quiet as a 24 year old, never been rebuilt engine can be. That tensioner flopping around made ALLOT of noise.

Do any of them have a rust free hood? I could use one.
              Well, The black festys hood had been jacked, meaning it looks like they used a crowbar to open it. The burgandy LX was missing, the 2 blue ones where hit in the front end so the hoods where smashed, and the red one was rusted bad.
              1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

• Got to finally use my new auxiliary lights. They help visibility significantly. Not bad for a pair of cheapies from Autozone.

Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                Well, The black festys hood had been jacked, meaning it looks like they used a crowbar to open it. The burgandy LX was missing, the 2 blue ones where hit in the front end so the hoods where smashed, and the red one was rusted bad.
                Ah. Well it never hurts to ask. I can't really think of anything else I might want. Maybe a headliner, but I am better they want too much for one. I know U-pull wanted like $25 for a headliner. That is ridiculous.
                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-11-2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Washed it.

Blue color I picked (Ford's "Blue Vista".....paint code "G9") sure looks gorgeous when it's clean! :thumbs_up:
                  88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                  88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                  91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                  93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                    Got to finally use my new auxiliary lights. They help visibility significantly. Not bad for a pair of cheapies from Autozone.

Ah. Well it never hurts to ask. I can't really think of anything else I might want. Maybe a headliner, but I am better they want too much for one. I know U-pull wanted like $25 for a headliner. That is ridiculous.
                    I'll ask the JY guy how much for a headliner when I go there again. Most of them looked pretty good I think.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                      I'll ask the JY guy how much for a headliner when I go there again. Most of them looked pretty good I think.
                      I think I might want some grey manual belts as well if there are any. Looked like that red one had some. Preferably with the long tongues. Because the manual belts used 2 different mounting designs, and I think the late 89's used the long tongue mounts, because my 91' requires the long ones, because I think the ones I got out of a 88 don't reach the top mounting bolt hole, so I only have my current ones attached at the bottom bolt, not the safest thing lol.

Plus my painted black manual belts are starting to show the original brown/tan on the edges.

Comment

• Hey. New to the forum. Looked at finding a festiva today. Looked on local auction websites and car yards and the local pick appart. Just needa save a bit of money now!!!!!

Comment

• welcomsign
                          Good luck with your seach. I bought my Festiva on eBay for $248. Better start saving up now.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 03-12-2014, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• So Chultz, what Did you do to your Festiva today?
                            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by Chultz View Post
                              Hey. New to the forum. Looked at finding a festiva today. Looked on local auction websites and car yards and the local pick appart. Just needa save a bit of money now!!!!!

There is about 4 there.
                              Little on the steep side.. Might be worth having a look at the black on.. Rare funtop

Sent from the depths of hell.
                              Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                              Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km
                              City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                                https://touch.trademe.co.nz/search/s...string=festiva

There is about 4 there.
                                Little on the steep side.. Might be worth having a look at the black on.. Rare funtop with front gtx bumper and I believe electric windows too.

Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                                X