Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• htchbck
    replied
    I've torn down both, and never needed to break out anything other than my 12mm 12pt before. Used the 13mm from my buddy tonight and the head in officially fully installed

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    All the ones I tore down were carby.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    It's been a few years but I seem to remember 13mm 12 pt.
    A carby B3 I took apart had 13mm 12 pt head bolts and the 88 B6 I took apart has 13mm 12pt head bolts.

Skeeter swore up and down it was 12 (which, I'm guessing 90+ may be 12mm 12pt?)

I now have both 12mm and 13mm on hand

and btw, kobalt (lowes) has most of their sockets for around 4-5 bucks vs sears 8-10 bucks per comparable socket and warranty. just a thought

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    That is true... but they are not for the auto. Even though it says they are, they aren't.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Where'd you get the mount?
    Rockauto has them listed for less than $15.00. You have to look in the "transmission" listings for it though.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    X2!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Scrubbed the paint on the left rear and left door and sprayed primer on them.... Eventually, the car will be all one color.

Well, yesterday...
    Last edited by Christ; 12-07-2011, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Received my rear trans mount (for Festiva Auto) in the mail today. Looking to install it this weekend along with LCAs and Inner/Outer Tie Rods.

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    I'm going to be fixing my midshaft bracket, changing the axle seal and hopefully welding on my exhaust flange theoretically finishing my BP project unless something else goes wrong . Fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    I remember it being 12mm 12pt
    Me too, and it was on the last half dozen I've done. This one though is different for some reason, maybe aftermarket, IDK lol. I freaked out because I got the only 12pt socket I own (12mm) and if didn't fit?! Confused me greatly lol. I picked up a 13mm and 1/2" from one of my buddies today, so I should be able to get it back together the rest of the way tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Bad title can't kill cars this old.

I just got a title for a 3rd owner since transfer Festiva, and it didn't cost any other than the application fee.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    I thought about mine

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    I'm going to try to sell it outright first though... cause I could really use the money right about now.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    It's possible I could get more parting it out. It has 13"s too that I would like to keep... but I can't take them off because out of the 9 spare 12"s I somehow accumulated, I don't have 4 that hold air LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X