Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wippers 001.jpgwippers 003.jpgwippers 004.jpg

could not take that rust any more

Comment

• ^^^ nicely done...
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Yep I have 16x5.5" wheels on the rear... you don't wanna know how I made more room... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by skswig62 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16331[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16332[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16330[/ATTACH]

could not take that rust any more
          Could have got some lates 80s Nissan Sentra wiper arms. stainless steel. Got a pair of those and painted them black.

1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Changed the oil in the grey ghost and beat a SS Camaro on the street
            Last edited by M3NTAL; 09-23-2014, 10:27 PM.
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
              Could have got some lates 80s Nissan Sentra wiper arms. stainless steel. Got a pair of those and painted them black.

Those came out nicely.
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Nice wipers. Now you only have to mod your squirter nozzle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
                  Those came out nicely.
                  They sure did. Thanks again BTW. Definitely better than those stock, non-stainless steel ones.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  Nice wipers. Now you only have to mod your squirter nozzle.
                  Yeah, would be nice to do that. I did get a new one that came from fourgreen with the hood someone kindly sent me, but for some odd reason they are actually worse than the one that was already in the hood. Go figure.
                  I really need to find a small, good working nozzle that won't look like a oversized growth sticking out of the hood.

Comment

• Check out the Smart nozzle I installed. On the mean time, I will be searching for Protege wipers.
                    If you are quick, there is one on the bay right now. If you need a small piece of silicone gasket material, PM me.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-25-2014, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Today I firmly stepped into the market. This is the best/nearest example near me worth a grain of salt.

I got me a paper route!
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Removed automatic seatbelts and installed manual ones I got from jy last weekend
                        93 L - white lightning

*Coming soon 93 GL - B6T, Aspire swapped

Comment

• I couldn't wait any longer. I went to the junkyard today and got a set of stainless Sentra wipers. I am not going to paint them. I will leave them bare stainless, as is. I also snipped a piece of white/black wire from the distributor coil from a Festiva in the yard. I need a piece from my Mallory ignition coil to my ballast resistor. I looked at a Ford EXP engine, a Merkur XR4Ti engine, and an Olds Quad 4 engine, all in the same yard. The EXP looks like it should be able to fit.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 09-26-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Found out why the car was so noisy in the cabin after the fender bender a couple months ago. Apparently the engine must have moved violently forward causing the passenger motor mount to become cockeyed, so the metal part of the mount was touching the mount bracket on the frame causing allot of vibration and noise on acceleration, popped the mount off and put the thin rubber disc bushing things from the mount that was still on the parts car, realigned the mount and bolted it all back together tightly. Now all quiet and smooth again, and things in my rearview mirror no long look like a vibrating blur when accelerating. :p

Comment

• Tomorrow going to change out the passenger wheel cylinder. (again) Been leaking for a while, and have been putting it off too long since all I had to do was top up my brake fluid every month, and my brakes worked just fine.

Granted these only come with 90 day warranty, so the one I put on there a while back is going back in the new one's package, and being warranty exchanged so I can have a spare.

Also tomorrow I am going to rewire the auxiliary lights directly to the headlights. Should I be worried about blowing the head fuse, since they will be running directly from the low beam wires connecting to the bulbs?

Also thinking of getting some 6x9 speaker enclosures and fixing them to the rear cargo cover. (Already a bit damaged, so I am not afraid of putting screws through it) I just need some lows that those pathetic 4" speakers can't give.

Comment

• Got it ready for the crusher. Y'all need something off it before it goes PM me before noon MDT tomorrow (interior is stripped, powertrain has to stay intact or the junkyard won't take it). Will post an FS thread on all the crap I pulled today once I figure out pricing etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X