Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    lol you wouldn't want to see it right now... the original fabric on the under side of the top was trashed. it disintegrated when I pulled on it... so i'm working on a replacement out of white vinyl. I did most of it with a machine but I didn't want to pull the ribs and frame apart so I'm attaching it the old fashioned way to the rib loops... hand sewn...

Leave a comment:

• lanemeyer14
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
    You'll like the hydro clutch Chris. Still swinging my my place on the way to FM5?

Did more work on the headliner for the funtop... this thing is taking forever... it better look nice and not leak!
    Pics! Did mine recently too. Would love to see your work!

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    You'll like the hydro clutch Chris. Still swinging my my place on the way to FM5?

Did more work on the headliner for the funtop... this thing is taking forever... it better look nice and not leak!

Leave a comment:

• lanemeyer14
    replied
    Originally posted by rollertoaster View Post
    Thanks, after a couple years of on and off tig welding I'm finally getting to the point where I'm not ashamed of my beads. I will be installing a functional hood scoop, but with a cable operated flap that will allow me to close it in rain or snow. I need to figure out how I'm going to do it first though.

I did manage to finish the welds on the air cleaner tonight. I need to pick up some hardware tomorrow and install it after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man! How much would you charge for a nice little battery box? Pm me if ya want

Leave a comment:

• rollertoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
    Nice welds rollercoaster!
    Thanks, after a couple years of on and off tig welding I'm finally getting to the point where I'm not ashamed of my beads. I will be installing a functional hood scoop, but with a cable operated flap that will allow me to close it in rain or snow. I need to figure out how I'm going to do it first though.

I did manage to finish the welds on the air cleaner tonight. I need to pick up some hardware tomorrow and install it after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    :lol: it's the clutch adapter, the first version put way too much sideways stress on the cable causing it to break........ each time it's broke, i've welded some threaded rod onto it to patch it up to re-use it, probably creating weak points in it due to the heat.......... i've also re-worked my clutch bracket probably 3 times and i was sure i had the bugs worked out but with a weak cable, it's hard to tell for sure......... so now i just lost patience with it, and just want a reliable setup and at this point, that means converting to hydraulic
    Last edited by Damkid; 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    is it really that bad? does the KLZE go through cables?

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    I changed the clutch cable on my car.......... again......... i'm bringing a spare with me to FM5 and picking up another one while i'm there........... i'll be converting my festiva to hydraulic clutch over the winter for sure

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Joe Dirt
    replied
    Went out and made some 1/8 mile power passes, tried to log my pass with my phone dyno app but forgot to change the weight from 3300lbs to 1760 so the results got screwed lol told me 507h/p and 496 ft lbs lol yeah right hahahahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Removed, dissembled, and cleaned the driver's side dome light switch with a wire brush.. The light was working intermittently and it works great now.

Leave a comment:

• ENEMY_
    replied
    Beat a turbo diesel

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I have an idea for the skeeters. And it will be funny to see me up there!

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    you should add a little screen for skeeters so you don't get eaten up since all this rain...they were bad at the yard today too

that'll be funny seeing you get up in that little space paul, lol

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Hate to say nothing done to the Festiva didn't even drive it. Hate to say even more going with the Aspire on my daily commute. Slightly heavier which helps alot. Those expansions joints are bad enough to make my false teeth out.. and won't have those for another 30 years!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X