Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3NTAL
    replied
    I've been driving around with no lock nut on my steering wheel for the past 3 weeks and finall installed a new one yesterday, installed another factory steering wheel that was in better shape, I also cleaned up my new door panels ! And I vacuumed the car also!

Thanks RJ and Chris for hooking me up!

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    ^ engine leaks are never good but that one has been leaking for a little while and as long as it isn't dripping oil you should be good just keep an eye on it.

Got my car sanded. Hood is back on. Need to do some straightening on the rear bumper before I replace my hatch isn't closing. Time is running out.
    Man your working fast at getting it re-built!! Way to go!!

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    Fired it up and drove it to get some milk and bananas. Man the RIO ball bearing strut tops make it feel effortless to drive! I almost under steered into a curb because I went to turn the wheel like my protege (power rack with looped lines).

Leave a comment:

• Joe Dirt
    replied
    Unloaded all the parts I cleaned at work, thought about my next plan of attack then jumped in the maverick and headed home

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    Just replace it it's not that hard and cheap. Unless you've put it back together. All you really need is a strong pick to pull the old one out. I used a sealer puller and it did scratch the shaft a bit... not good.
    Yeah.. that's what I'm worried about. I've been reading up on it here and I'm not sure how to remove the timing gear and I'm scared to scratch the crank.

It's on my list. I've put the front of the engine back together for now but left off the timing cover to keep an eye on the belt and leak.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Fixed the front passenger and turned the the strut top hat. Hopefully that'll fix the inner tire wear it did the other. On a side note I'll never buy another tire from Walmart. Bunch of damn rip off artists. The screw was over 1/2 from the sidewall.. sorry we can't fix that too close to the sidewall you're going to have to buy another tire. BS apparently they're not smart enough to use a smaller patch. Took it to a tire shop and they fix it easily. Too bad I paid for the road hazard.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    Adjusted timing belt.
    Removed slack from throttle cable.

Noticed a leak:

Front crank seal, correct? What is the difficulty? And is the leak bad enough to require replacement now or is it still ok for awhile?
    Just replace it it's not that hard and cheap. Unless you've put it back together. All you really need is a strong pick to pull the old one out. I used a sealer puller and it did scratch the shaft a bit... not good.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Why are there stuffed animals hanging from your car, Jamesmc?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Dirt
    replied
    Rebuilt my B8 at work today =0

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    engine bay looks great, i like the taillights!

Leave a comment:

• jamesmc
    replied
    Copied ENEMY_ with all-red tails.

Also, new intake thrown in quickly because I'm tired and want to sleep, I'll tidy it up tomorrow. Much thanks to iceracerdude for this one, it works great.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
    Rain X'd my windshield cause I have no wipers! Lol
    You're not the only one!! LOL

I've been somewhat neglecting my festy lately..... a 1994 Grand Prix GTP has appeared in my driveway.......

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    ^ engine leaks are never good but that one has been leaking for a little while and as long as it isn't dripping oil you should be good just keep an eye on it.

Got my car sanded. Hood is back on. Need to do some straightening on the rear bumper before I replace my hatch isn't closing. Time is running out.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Adjusted timing belt.
    Removed slack from throttle cable.

Noticed a leak:

Front crank seal, correct? What is the difficulty? And is the leak bad enough to require replacement now or is it still ok for awhile?
    Last edited by Oren09; 09-13-2011, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    I finally started it up! B6t runs great, new lifters need to pump up, but other than that everything works. Looking good on making it out to FM5.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X