Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FestYboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    Haha, I literally just got hired as a driver at Pizza Inn.

Yay pizza beater club

I can only imagine my insurance rate now. I'm paying $147/mo for minimum 30/60/25 liability without uninsured motorist coverage. I have had 0 tickets and my last at fault accident was February 2008.
    you need a new policy!! i'm at $306 per quarter for 5 cars, comp on all of them. you're getting hacked!

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Installed a Rio knuckle to replace my worn out aspire one. There is a pretty substantial difference between them.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Lol ya, having been down to just the scissor jack, well it's part of the reason I haven't done the final exhaust work on my festiva, so once I'm done swapping B6T's in my 323, I'll get the festiva back in the garage to finish that up

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    wow the work u do ???? major upgrade status . Makes things flow so much better .

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Several months ago my floor jack died on me so tonight i picked these up, $130 for all 3, definitely much better then the scissor jack I've been stuck with :lol:

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Wow! I pay almost $35/month on my main car and wifey's main car, all the others are about $20/month or less.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Haha, I literally just got hired as a driver at Pizza Inn.

Yay pizza beater club

I can only imagine my insurance rate now. I'm paying $147/mo for minimum 30/60/25 liability without uninsured motorist coverage. I have had 0 tickets and my last at fault accident was February 2008.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Yes, they do, and have since I started 5 years ago. Good thing about it is, I only have to have the commercial policy on myself, not each one of my vehicles (since I'm only running pizza in one car at a time anyway). So all in all not too bad. Much better off than if I hit someone and my insurance is void :!:

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Anything less than 5 gallons I don't consider to be a true "fill up" for individual tank MPG purposes. Even though I have a lot of those doing pizza, since I almost always fill up after work so I'll have a full tank to start the next night. However, in my case (and for 200KGPGTP as well) the averages speak for themselves because of the amount of driving we do. I can't take one fill up and say "this is what my car gets" but when you log a couple hundred miles a week its pretty easy to track how you're doing and how the MPG is trending. That said, 200K's numbers are definitely trending up uP UP! Congrats!

My gas mileage looked to be on track to hit 40 on this tank in FestEvil, but after about 240 miles the needle dropped suddenly. Don't know if its just an anomaly in the fuel gauge or what, though it could be because I haven't usually run him below a half tank in the past so I'm not used to how it behaves down there. I hope I've still got around 3 gallons or so, since I'm almost up to 280 now. I'll probably fill up this afternoon just to see lol. But thats all been pizza driving plus my 10 mile commute a couple of times, so its seen a lot of stop and go and several long periods of idling as well, and the mountains/curves don't help much either. I'll be happy if I can average 38 delivering, 42+ on the highway at 65MPH. Thats what my old '91 used to do before I BP swapped it. Still need to double check my timing too, keep forgetting that, but I set it when I first put the motor in.
    Hey, question... Does your insurance company know you deliver pizzas? If not, don't tell them!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    FestEvil could only do 34 this time around

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
    im only getting 39-40
    Hypermile that thing! or at least baby it for tank and show us what she can do!!

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    im only getting 39-40

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Anything less than 5 gallons I don't consider to be a true "fill up" for individual tank MPG purposes. Even though I have a lot of those doing pizza, since I almost always fill up after work so I'll have a full tank to start the next night. However, in my case (and for 200KGPGTP as well) the averages speak for themselves because of the amount of driving we do. I can't take one fill up and say "this is what my car gets" but when you log a couple hundred miles a week its pretty easy to track how you're doing and how the MPG is trending. That said, 200K's numbers are definitely trending up uP UP! Congrats!

My gas mileage looked to be on track to hit 40 on this tank in FestEvil, but after about 240 miles the needle dropped suddenly. Don't know if its just an anomaly in the fuel gauge or what, though it could be because I haven't usually run him below a half tank in the past so I'm not used to how it behaves down there. I hope I've still got around 3 gallons or so, since I'm almost up to 280 now. I'll probably fill up this afternoon just to see lol. But thats all been pizza driving plus my 10 mile commute a couple of times, so its seen a lot of stop and go and several long periods of idling as well, and the mountains/curves don't help much either. I'll be happy if I can average 38 delivering, 42+ on the highway at 65MPH. Thats what my old '91 used to do before I BP swapped it. Still need to double check my timing too, keep forgetting that, but I set it when I first put the motor in.
    Last edited by htchbck; 03-29-2012, 06:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    54-57 MPG is more realistic.
    Especially at the speeds you are talking about.
    I've never broken more than 56 MPG myself, and that's when the speed limit was 55 MPH.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    That's what I'm waiting for, but even if it's a gallon off, this recent trip would be 54-57

Leave a comment:

Working...
X