Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tore mine apart lol

Comment

• Replaced the driver's side front wheel bearings this weekend.
      1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
      1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
      2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• Starting fixing some rust on the oldest sons car.
        20151017_101440_resized.jpg
        20151017_101433_resized.jpg
        Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Here is some more rust that we replaced.
          20151018_170137_resized.jpg20151018_170130_resized.jpg
          Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• I'm getting mine back on sunday
            1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
            2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Cut the glass out of my parts car in preparation for 14carrot to get the cowling this coming weekend.

Comment

• I did that once too. But, it was because my windshield was broken and not to replace the cowl. I would look a couple of posts down at the 29,000 mile Festiva. I hate bodywork.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 10-18-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Fitted some Mazda protege lx mirrors on my festiva.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Comment

• It was a warm, windy day, so I added sound deadener to the roof this afternoon. I didn't take any pictures. I just removed and re-installed the headliner very quickly.
                    I am lookimg forward to having one of the quietest interior rides on this forum. Big difference when knocking on the roof. No more tin can effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
                      Cut the glass out of my parts car in preparation for 14carrot to get the cowling this coming weekend.
                      thanks a bunch by the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by ralph89891 View Post
                        Fitted some Mazda protege lx mirrors on my festiva.

Those bolt on? Maybe i should get those for my festi...
                        88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• Took Jack into Big O to get my wheels a proper bead clean; re-mount and balancing of the tires. The guys that popped them on last time didn't do any of that except, well, pop them on, so I've had nothing but slow leaks for the life of the tires. Found out two of them are a bit hosed from when I was running really low air pressure, but they should hold out until I can get them replaced. My very first floor jack isn't here yet (tomorrow, the carrier says) so I'd not looked under my car in many, many years... peered under it while it was on their lift and was amazed at the lack of visible rust anywhere. Even knocked around in the spots I see it in folks' photos a lot... nothing that I could detect in a two minute span.

This is a car that spent about a decade without a garage in Eastern WA, buried under snow and slush and sludge each fall/winter/spring; ice-skating on the heavily-salted roads at night. It spent a full year in Seattle, spent a full winter in Denver… it certainly hasn't spent its whole life in a garage, nor in the desert, so I honestly wasn't expecting to see all of that clean grey metal. Jack is such a good car.

Got home and applied these:

It's a quote I took from a MCM video; I felt it fit Jack, and Festivas in general, very well. Constantly being told I should get a new car... why? Because Jack is boxy and has faded paint? Pffffft. I like boxy, and for under a hundred bucks I can re-paint my car whenever I please (well, in the summer). And most importantly, it's my car and they can butt out!

The font's a bit taller than I fully anticipated, but I figure when I eventually stick a spoiler up there it'll help counter it a bit. I know I mostly lurk (and buy stuff) on here these days, but I'm constantly, silently headbutting that advanced search function, and learning things about these cars, and cars in general, every day as I ease my way into finally not having to hand the keys over at any more shops. That's easily worth repping the forum in my own little way.

The Little Jack - 1993 L 5-Speed Manual

Comment

• I took the ATV tires off until mid November. Street tires may wear longer but sure are rough riding through our chuck holed and cracked up streets. The recent lift sure makes these cars easy to ingress - egress especially while having to endure therapy for a crushed disk. Having to move many vehicles everyday I appreciate how easy these cars are to use. Nothing like feeling your face relax and a smile form as you glimpse work in your rear view!!
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
                              Those bolt on? Maybe i should get those for my festi...
                              No not bolt on. Youll have to enlarge the holes where the mirror mounts on the door. Not too bad though. Took maybe 10 min a door.

Comment

• Yesterday I replace the WS washer pump on Trixie with one that I had pulled at the junk yard a couple of year ago.
                                The old one looks perfect but it stopped working a few weeks ago. [IMG][/IMG]

I checked rockauto and I could get a new one shipped to me for $14.87. Would have to attach my connector wire though.
                                Last edited by 1990new; 10-25-2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X