Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    ^ happy b-day you should get your self a motor swap too while your on a roll!!!

Took Greg's motor apart the other night. The pics explain the rest.... Eurotiva carnage!
    nice! what engine is that? and an auto?
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• well....my sunroof mysteriously started leaking a little while back and I thought I had it temp fixed. Well it still dripped here and there. There has been so much rain lately that it was just annoying....then yesterday on the way home from work it was raining hard off and on and it decided that it didn't want to just drip any more. It was running streams in my face, down my back and neck, all over the passenger seat...I had enough. Stopped and picked up a roll of paper towels and a tube of silicone.....drove to a car wash and parked under cover and proceeded to take the sunroof apart. Got it all out to discover that the sealer had just decided it did not want to adhere to the sunroof anymore and the water was just running under the lip and into the car. Got it clean and dry, added new silicone put it all back together. Drove out of the bay and sat in the ran for a few, then started down the road. Nooooo leaks anymore.

Again used my new Ridgid job max tool with the impact driver head to remove all the screws and button it all back up. Man I love that tool....best money I have ever spent other then buying a Festy.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Removed the pinstriping on passenger side of the bpt car and installed the spoiler on the replacement hatch.

going to work on getting engine out of shogun some more after I watch Walking Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          well....my sunroof mysteriously started leaking a little while back and I thought I had it temp fixed. Well it still dripped here and there. There has been so much rain lately that it was just annoying....then yesterday on the way home from work it was raining hard off and on and it decided that it didn't want to just drip any more. It was running streams in my face, down my back and neck, all over the passenger seat...I had enough. Stopped and picked up a roll of paper towels and a tube of silicone.....drove to a car wash and parked under cover and proceeded to take the sunroof apart. Got it all out to discover that the sealer had just decided it did not want to adhere to the sunroof anymore and the water was just running under the lip and into the car. Got it clean and dry, added new silicone put it all back together. Drove out of the bay and sat in the ran for a few, then started down the road. Nooooo leaks anymore.

Again used my new Ridgid job max tool with the impact driver head to remove all the screws and button it all back up. Man I love that tool....best money I have ever spent other then buying a Festy.
          Guess ur sunroof held up good considering how you installed it originally - lol was just reading that old thread - quote
          "I got mine out of a Justy and cut the hole in my roof in the middle of the night in a gas station parking lot and then drove to an all night Walmart because I forgot the sealer. Came out and installed the sun roof right there in the lot.''
          I like ur style ohsnap

Comment

Took Greg's motor apart the other night. The pics explain the rest.... Eurotiva carnage!
            where did the piston go????????? that scares me! did he notice a little detonation before the motor gave out? or did he just suspect the bad gas mileage maybe a issue? (sarcasm)

Comment

• Originally posted by walth View Post
              nice! what engine is that? and an auto?
              The blow off valve came unhooked while racing 18+ lbs of boost. G25mr na Bp on boost.
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• yikes. is it me, or do most all b-series engines only have one cylinder head locator pin? I thought they had 2...ridiculous

today I cleaned up the bottom end on my b6 build and plastigage'd the crank to main caps. everything is .002 or tighter so I'm happy. This must have been a completely rebuilt w/ all new parts engine. but some idiot put RTV all over the head gasket and made things not work well. the rings looked new, the bearings look almost new, there was cross hatching in the cylinder walls still. a bunch of gaskets are "like new" for being almost 10 years old. crazy.
                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by avitsef View Post
                  Guess ur sunroof held up good considering how you installed it originally - lol was just reading that old thread - quote
                  "I got mine out of a Justy and cut the hole in my roof in the middle of the night in a gas station parking lot and then drove to an all night Walmart because I forgot the sealer. Came out and installed the sun roof right there in the lot.''
                  I like ur style ohsnap
                  lol...Actually....that sunroof you are referring to never leaked after I installed it. The one I was referring to is actually a dealer installed original sunroof (they were not installed from the factory), that was put in the car when it was new.
                  Seal lasted 21 years so I guess I can not complain.
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• installed new boost controller, and a new innovate MTX L wideband! added a support to my hood latch!

EDIT: Mike...Gregs new toy is wicked nasty bro i want one so bad, on another note the wrist pin on Gregs motor still held up just fine! lol

2nd gear wheelies are nasssssssssssty especially when it has 4 wheels!!!
                    Last edited by M3NTAL; 10-21-2011, 12:15 AM.
                    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

whats your fuel managment? MS or a piggyback system?
                      Ford Fester

Comment

• More info here:
                        Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
                          whats your fuel managment? MS or a piggyback system?
                          Megasquirt... Yeah mental I dono what to do. I've never seen anything like it and I have been around off roading for a min. I'm gonna grab the 250f and were gonna hit the woods to see what this thing can do!
                          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• So very very tempted...

Just pulled up the local pull-a-part car list, and yesterday they set out a 94 protege (two others as well since I was down there last), and also a 90 323 and an '89 323. Potential for a motor swap for all three of my cars! Of course Babystiva would take the early 323 (and stay carb'd), Green Car would get the '90 engine, and the Protege (hopefully B8) would go to Chuck.

In other news, put the temp sensor in last night on Chuck. On the ten mile drive to work this morning I didn't smell as much gas, but when I got out of the car, could still smell it. I think I'm gonna throw the whole fuel rail off my spare manifold on there and see if that cures it.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                              lol...Actually....that sunroof you are referring to never leaked after I installed it. The one I was referring to is actually a dealer installed original sunroof (they were not installed from the factory), that was put in the car when it was new.
                              Seal lasted 21 years so I guess I can not complain.
                              Oh , but i still like the way you get things done - ur a get er done kinda guy without fear . Didnt know they were dealer installed , interesting .

Comment

• Originally posted by avitsef View Post
                                Oh , but i still like the way you get things done - ur a get er done kinda guy without fear . Didnt know they were dealer installed , interesting .
                                lol...thanks...I guess I have always been that way....gotta do what ya gotta do with what you have to do it!
                                89L Silver EFI auto
                                91GL Green Auto DD
                                I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Working...
                                X