Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aroihkin
    replied
    Took Jack into Big O to get my wheels a proper bead clean; re-mount and balancing of the tires. The guys that popped them on last time didn't do any of that except, well, pop them on, so I've had nothing but slow leaks for the life of the tires. Found out two of them are a bit hosed from when I was running really low air pressure, but they should hold out until I can get them replaced. My very first floor jack isn't here yet (tomorrow, the carrier says) so I'd not looked under my car in many, many years... peered under it while it was on their lift and was amazed at the lack of visible rust anywhere. Even knocked around in the spots I see it in folks' photos a lot... nothing that I could detect in a two minute span.

This is a car that spent about a decade without a garage in Eastern WA, buried under snow and slush and sludge each fall/winter/spring; ice-skating on the heavily-salted roads at night. It spent a full year in Seattle, spent a full winter in Denver… it certainly hasn't spent its whole life in a garage, nor in the desert, so I honestly wasn't expecting to see all of that clean grey metal. Jack is such a good car.

Got home and applied these:

It's a quote I took from a MCM video; I felt it fit Jack, and Festivas in general, very well. Constantly being told I should get a new car... why? Because Jack is boxy and has faded paint? Pffffft. I like boxy, and for under a hundred bucks I can re-paint my car whenever I please (well, in the summer). And most importantly, it's my car and they can butt out!

The font's a bit taller than I fully anticipated, but I figure when I eventually stick a spoiler up there it'll help counter it a bit. I know I mostly lurk (and buy stuff) on here these days, but I'm constantly, silently headbutting that advanced search function, and learning things about these cars, and cars in general, every day as I ease my way into finally not having to hand the keys over at any more shops. That's easily worth repping the forum in my own little way.

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Originally posted by ralph89891 View Post
    Fitted some Mazda protege lx mirrors on my festiva.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    Those bolt on? Maybe i should get those for my festi...

Leave a comment:

• 14carrot
    replied
    Originally posted by william View Post
    Cut the glass out of my parts car in preparation for 14carrot to get the cowling this coming weekend.
    thanks a bunch by the way!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    It was a warm, windy day, so I added sound deadener to the roof this afternoon. I didn't take any pictures. I just removed and re-installed the headliner very quickly.
    I am lookimg forward to having one of the quietest interior rides on this forum. Big difference when knocking on the roof. No more tin can effect.

Leave a comment:

• ralph89891
    replied
    Fitted some Mazda protege lx mirrors on my festiva.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I did that once too. But, it was because my windshield was broken and not to replace the cowl. I would look a couple of posts down at the 29,000 mile Festiva. I hate bodywork.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-18-2015, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    Cut the glass out of my parts car in preparation for 14carrot to get the cowling this coming weekend.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    I'm getting mine back on sunday

Leave a comment:

• ottoparts
    replied
    Here is some more rust that we replaced.
    20151018_170137_resized.jpg20151018_170130_resized.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ottoparts
    replied
    Starting fixing some rust on the oldest sons car.
    20151017_101440_resized.jpg
    20151017_101433_resized.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TWFodor
    replied
    Replaced the driver's side front wheel bearings this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• 14carrot
    replied
    I tore mine apart lol

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Washed Pedro 3 times and waxed it too. It was a chore to clean 6400 miles worth of America off the 27 year old paint.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-10-2015, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    This afternoon, I just making everything shiny inside so that I can hide it!

Note: No seat belt slots or cargo cover hardware on speaker shelves.

Also changed my car alarm/power door lock horn. After buying three duds, this one actually works!
    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-07-2015, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied

Added my advancedynamix stickers, took a picture of my madness awards.

Sent from somewhere outside the asylum via tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X