Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ engine leaks are never good but that one has been leaking for a little while and as long as it isn't dripping oil you should be good just keep an eye on it.

Got my car sanded. Hood is back on. Need to do some straightening on the rear bumper before I replace my hatch isn't closing. Time is running out.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
      Rain X'd my windshield cause I have no wipers! Lol
      You're not the only one!! LOL

I've been somewhat neglecting my festy lately..... a 1994 Grand Prix GTP has appeared in my driveway.......
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Copied ENEMY_ with all-red tails.

Also, new intake thrown in quickly because I'm tired and want to sleep, I'll tidy it up tomorrow. Much thanks to iceracerdude for this one, it works great.
        BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

• engine bay looks great, i like the taillights!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Rebuilt my B8 at work today =0
            1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• Why are there stuffed animals hanging from your car, Jamesmc?
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                Adjusted timing belt.
                Removed slack from throttle cable.

Noticed a leak:

Front crank seal, correct? What is the difficulty? And is the leak bad enough to require replacement now or is it still ok for awhile?
                Just replace it it's not that hard and cheap. Unless you've put it back together. All you really need is a strong pick to pull the old one out. I used a sealer puller and it did scratch the shaft a bit... not good.
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Fixed the front passenger and turned the the strut top hat. Hopefully that'll fix the inner tire wear it did the other. On a side note I'll never buy another tire from Walmart. Bunch of damn rip off artists. The screw was over 1/2 from the sidewall.. sorry we can't fix that too close to the sidewall you're going to have to buy another tire. BS apparently they're not smart enough to use a smaller patch. Took it to a tire shop and they fix it easily. Too bad I paid for the road hazard.
                  91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
                    Just replace it it's not that hard and cheap. Unless you've put it back together. All you really need is a strong pick to pull the old one out. I used a sealer puller and it did scratch the shaft a bit... not good.
                    Yeah.. that's what I'm worried about. I've been reading up on it here and I'm not sure how to remove the timing gear and I'm scared to scratch the crank.

It's on my list. I've put the front of the engine back together for now but left off the timing cover to keep an eye on the belt and leak.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Unloaded all the parts I cleaned at work, thought about my next plan of attack then jumped in the maverick and headed home
                      1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• Fired it up and drove it to get some milk and bananas. Man the RIO ball bearing strut tops make it feel effortless to drive! I almost under steered into a curb because I went to turn the wheel like my protege (power rack with looped lines).
                        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                          ^ engine leaks are never good but that one has been leaking for a little while and as long as it isn't dripping oil you should be good just keep an eye on it.

Got my car sanded. Hood is back on. Need to do some straightening on the rear bumper before I replace my hatch isn't closing. Time is running out.
                          Man your working fast at getting it re-built!! Way to go!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I've been driving around with no lock nut on my steering wheel for the past 3 weeks and finall installed a new one yesterday, installed another factory steering wheel that was in better shape, I also cleaned up my new door panels ! And I vacuumed the car also!

Thanks RJ and Chris for hooking me up!
                            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Installed my Taurus Cup/Coin holder. Not too impressed, but it'll hold cans & bottled water. It'll do for now, can't find one of the nice Protege ones. Installed EGT interior door handles, the chrome ones. Adds a little to the interior, now need to find the window cranks to match. Still not drivein' 'Tiva with the bumm CVAxle & oil leak.:cry_smile:
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Going to work on the new headliner for the funtop today
                                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X