Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove it letting the Aspire rest. Debating on pulling all the suspension off the Aspire and putting it on the Festiva. Eventually the engine and auto trans. Debating debating.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

don't kill the aspire!
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Cleaned it out... With a leaf blower. Yes, really. Also applied 2 Ron Paul bumper stickers.
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Just changed my fan swich not long ago, and was shocked the faulty one actually came out of the housing without ruining the threads!

Michael
          Last edited by m715; 10-27-2011, 07:05 AM.
          Have owned 9 so far
          White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
          Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
          Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
          Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

don't kill the aspire!
            Wouldn't be killing it more like letting it rest. I figured I'd store the shell in one of dad's barns. Too many things wrong with it including the bent frame up front, pulls to the left real bad on some roads. May not do anything with it truthfully except storing it as is.. might be forced into my sisters Focus.. not a bad thing really.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• New 1156 bulb for the left front blinker. Installed passenger visor morror. Buffed and waxed. Purchased some front dash speakers from ebay

Comment

• Checked out my new rust free 20,000 mile 90LX !!!!
                -Josh R

Comment

• Diddled with the shift light
                  1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                    Checked out my new rust free 20,000 mile 90LX !!!!
                    Sweet! You get pics?
                    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

• Not yet^ probably not til saturday cause everytime i get off work it's dark out :/ unless I get up earlier tmrw and do it before work
                      -Josh R

Comment

• Just bought fabric to wrap my door panels and headliner
                        Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

• Tuesday mine rolled over to 300K.
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• lets see....last Saturday on the way to Fall Ohiostiva I lost my brakes....almost completely. E-brake was not functioning properly either so needless to say the ride there and home was really fun.
                            Sunday decided to look into the problem...started in the rear because the fronts were new as of Madness. Found that the e-brake linkage inside the drum was frozen on drivers side but brakes were perfect....so I freed it up and got it working. Went to the passenger side and same thing....but after getting them fixed still had no pedal and when the wife stepped on the brakes the rear wheel cylinder on passenger side leaked.
                            Had one I took off some extra spindles I have and installed it. Hitting pedal nothing at all moved. Went up to the master cylinder and had the wife pump the brakes...noticed air bubbles every time. I was off Monday so I hit the junkyard up the road and bought back one of my old mater cylinders from a couple of Festy's I had taken there, 10 bucks.
                            Took the old MC off and as soon as I separated it from the booster fluid ran out....so I was on the right track. Got it all swapped out and proceeded to bleed the brakes. I used one of the one man bleeder kits but it still took 2 people...lol. Anyway....I will never bleed the brakes any other way again. I was able to do one corner completely at a time and bleed out all the old fluid and replaced with fresh. All were pretty good as far as air went except for the rear drivers side...so much air came out I thought the little bottle was going to shoot out of my hand. After I got it all bleed and refilled with nice clean fluid I went for a ride.
                            All I have to say is I did not know a Festy with stock brakes could stop that good....I barely touch the brake and she is stopping ,NOW!
                            All I have to do now is wait for the bumps on my head to go down from the numerous times I bounced off the windshield....dohhh!
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Got my turbo on and operating. Need to install bigger injectors ASAP. Builds 4psi before leaning out completely. But I have BOOST! http://i.imgur.com/Yu307.jpg
                              Last edited by gauge_half_inch; 10-27-2011, 10:17 PM.
                              Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                              93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                              91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                              93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                              15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                                Checked out my new rust free 20,000 mile 90LX !!!!
                                Jealous
                                Ford Fester

Comment

Working...
                                X