Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
    Yikes, that stuff sounds foul. Can't imagine what it leeches into your body. I would be out there this morning, but it's thundering and raining, not really the best conditions to wave large wrenches around in.
    Its actually not that bad! ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEET

Comment

• Don't read the "effects on health" section... But I have seen it corrode leather bracelets and metal watch bands...
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darlo View Post
        Its actually not that bad! ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEET
        I've use military grade DEET (as a Navy Corpsman with the Marines) & I can say with out a doubt it WILL irritate your skin! Some people more than others of course. Nice red skin & burns. KELLEN308, wheres your sense of adventure with the wenches & lightning?
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Fixed my drivers side window, since the regulator randomly fell inside the door. Then, since the door card was off I looked at the fabled 5 1/4" speaker spots in the door and by golly they really are there. Even has a partial cut out in the door card. So next week I will be installing some 5.25" speakers in them!
          Mike Holmgren
          Thief Rvr Fls, MN
          1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
          "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
            MPG seems to have gone up significantly running 1 liter of MMO with the 5ish gallons of gas left in the tank, and running is improved again, slightly from before.

It's idling and starting better, won't stay running when the temps are below about 80 though for the first few seconds, another lean indicator, but that's totally expected with the amount of oil that's currently in the gas. (Metering the same volume, higher oil content means less gas per volume of air, so a lean condition, even though the fluid:fluid ratio is close to the factory settings).

When I get down near "E", I'll fill 'er up and put the last 10 oz or so from that gallon of MMO into the gas tank and see what MPG I get through the next full tank using the simple calc. If it's significantly above 30, I'll know I've made progress.
            Actually, you might be surprised how the air temperature affect both engine operation and air resistance. There is a substantial redution in air density vs say at 40/50 degress F. Which translates into less air resistance. I get my maxium MPG with a BP in 90+ degree weather.
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
              Fixed my drivers side window, since the regulator randomly fell inside the door. Then, since the door card was off I looked at the fabled 5 1/4" speaker spots in the door and by golly they really are there. Even has a partial cut out in the door card. So next week I will be installing some 5.25" speakers in them!
              Make sure you get some nice RX-7 speaker covers. I presume you have an aftermarket stereo. 6 speakers + sub?

Comment

Fixed my drivers side window, since the regulator randomly fell inside the door. Then, since the door card was off I looked at the fabled 5 1/4" speaker spots in the door and by golly they really are there. Even has a partial cut out in the door card. So next week I will be installing some 5.25" speakers in them!
                I suggest buying a component system. That way you can have a decent stage and mount your highs in the stock locations as well.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Bravekozak - Aftermarket Clarion head, 4 + tweeters & sub.

DriverOne - I was debating on leaving speakers in my stock location, along with the doors. The speakers I'm looking at are a set of Kenwoods, I can't remember the model, but they are pretty shallow, but are a high end speaker. The tweeters are mounted on the speaker itself though.
                  Mike Holmgren
                  Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                  "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                    Actually, you might be surprised how the air temperature affect both engine operation and air resistance. There is a substantial redution in air density vs say at 40/50 degress F. Which translates into less air resistance. I get my maxium MPG with a BP in 90+ degree weather.
                    I know about that, but "cold blooded"operation is generally indicative of a lean condition. Like I said, I guarantee I'm lean right now because if the gas/MMO ratio, but it feels better than ever right now. I'm trying really hard to not have to disassemble the carb lol

Comment

• Energy Sway bar bushing installed, fixed the swaying when accel and decel and releasing the clutch from stop feels much better.

Also installed 6.5" speakers, did a little write up about using the power belt wires for speaker wire, I have bass again! See my garage thread.
                      Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

• Finally painted my rear bumper to match the rest of the car. Not too shabby for a rattle-can job I think.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• ^Looks darn good!
                          Mike Holmgren
                          Thief Rvr Fls, MN

Comment

• ^yummy!
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Make sure you get shallow speakers if you're mounting directly to the door. There's not much space to work with once the window is rolled down.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                              Last edited by fastivaca; 07-14-2012, 05:57 PM.
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                                Make sure you get shallow sprakers if you're mounting directly to the door. There's not much space to work with once the window is rolled down.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                                Yup, they are quite shallow, can't remember the exact thickness. I'll make it work somehow though. Lol
                                Mike Holmgren
                                Thief Rvr Fls, MN

Comment

Working...
                                X