Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Huli View Post
    Changes the rear aspire bearings for the 5th time!!!

Any suggestions?
    Keep changing them? My passenger side rear bearings on my Festiva die often as well. :/

Now with 100% more autocorrect fail!

Comment

• video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

YAH!!
      ;
      www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
      rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
      '92 Festiva L M/T
      '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pu241;589939]How much?
        Are you going to the NCstiva meet?/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask. I was just getting ready to post to NCstiva if anyone wanted it.
        Jack Byrd,
        1991 Capri
        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
        1970 Chev C10
        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Saturday I finally got the antenna installed on Thing 1. It was a bear. Instead of using a coat hanger I used the old hood release cable out of the wife's old van. Getting the cable thru the hole was a bear but getting the plastic antenna tube thru its hole was worse. Chewed thru the side of the antenna wire. Black tape fixed that. I also mounted some old 5 1/4" speakers from the Shadow on some old rear speaker panels that someone had put speaker grilles on top of. Didnt want to use my good grilles.
          1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
          1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
          1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
          2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• after 3 months and multiple troubleshooting and electrical problems. the BP swap is running and running healthy.

Car #789
            Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
            1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
            1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
            http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• It's about DANG time! When will I see it driving the streets of Rolla?
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Bearing change #6 comes with upgrade!!!

Here's hoping!
                HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• about a week i hope, cant drive it much on those tires though

Car #789
                  Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                  1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                  1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                  http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• You need some running around town tires!
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts
                    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Threw the car back together after painting resealing the headlights and replacing the bulbs with some ultra bright whites
                      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Went to put the summer wheels & tires on only to discover the LCA on the left side is on its way out and the outer tie rod end on the right was also on the way out. Already replaced the tie rod end and new LCA's are on their way. I ordered Moog for each of these.

Also installed the new spacers and longer studs on the front to give me the needed wheel to strut clearance. This was documented in this thread. All that is done now and I've cranked the coilovers down a bit to lower the car for the summer.

With the spacers at each wheel the front track is now 20mm wider than before. I may install spacers on the back now to widen the rear track too. I have a pair of 4mm and a pair of 6mm spacers that I can try out. Also have a set of longer studs if I need them.

While installing the new LCAs I also plan to remove the Aspire sway bar and go back to the stock Festiva version along with all new bushings of course, Moog for the sway bar to LCA and Nolathane for the sway bar to body. I'm going to pick up another outer tie rod end as well for the left side. After all that's done I'll get it in for a proper alignment.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Reassembled some of the powdercoated stuff, namely the driver rear of the bay clustereff. Question- does the bottom of the ICM and/or the weird tiny tiny little box held on with one nut need to be grounded?
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                            Went to put the summer wheels & tires on only to discover the LCA on the left side is on its way out and the outer tie rod end on the right was also on the way out. Already replaced the tie rod end and new LCA's are on their way. I ordered Moog for each of these.

Also installed the new spacers and longer studs on the front to give me the needed wheel to strut clearance. This was documented in this thread. All that is done now and I've cranked the coilovers down a bit to lower the car for the summer.

With the spacers at each wheel the front track is now 20mm wider than before. I may install spacers on the back now to widen the rear track too. I have a pair of 4mm and a pair of 6mm spacers that I can try out. Also have a set of longer studs if I need them.

While installing the new LCAs I also plan to remove the Aspire sway bar and go back to the stock Festiva version along with all new bushings of course, Moog for the sway bar to LCA and Nolathane for the sway bar to body. I'm going to pick up another outer tie rod end as well for the left side. After all that's done I'll get it in for a proper alignment.
                            Is there a source stateside for these or do they have to come from AUS?
                            Jack Byrd,
                            1991 Capri
                            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                            1970 Chev C10
                            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                              Is there a source stateside for these or do they have to come from AUS?
                              All the Moog parts were sourced either here in Calgary or on Rockauto.com. I'm not aware of any North American sources for the Nolathane products; I purchased mine on e-bay.
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• put the engine back together after going the gasket kit, and it runs, fired right up...next is cat removal and cherry bomb to make it obnoxious

Comment

Working...
                                X