Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    1chrisapple's images are not publicly available.
    they are now sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      I finally got around to doing a magic eraser test on oxidized TPO (gray bumpers). It's a lot better than before. I would say it looks to be about 15 years younger.
      I will post some pictures tomorrow. You have to use a lot of elbow grease and the magic erasers take a beating. Plan on using four per bumper. I am not a fan of painting plastic with non heat-catalyzed paint.
      Why don't you use a heatgun? Or what's it called, almost same as hairdryer, but way hotter..
      Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
      It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• yeah it's a heat gun and they work really well. Butane is good too but with either one it's kind of tricky because it's easy to end up with an uneven finish if you don't get it hot enough, or a melted/distorted bumper if you get it too hot.

Edit: here's a dude doing it with acetylene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co_MFlqgWvI
        Last edited by Tommychu; 09-02-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Not today, but this weekend.

Pulled the driver side axle, put the new one in. Warranty replacement, got good life out of it, bought the first one in 2006. Did an oil change, drove her to VA, visited with PU241 and Stivadiva for lunch on Saturday. Fun weekend!
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• As promised,
            Before erasing.
            During erasing. Note the area around the license plate bracket, before I removed it.

Comment

• Ordered a air filter, fuel filter, and fuel pump strainer from Rockauto.

Also just got done installing Poly sway-bar to body bushings.

Also cleaned up the shop lines on the hood. Had one huge gap on on sides, and no gap on the other. Not Perfect but much much better.
              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-02-2013, 07:29 PM.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                Not today, but this weekend.

Pulled the driver side axle, put the new one in. Warranty replacement, got good life out of it, bought the first one in 2006. Did an oil change, drove her to VA, visited with PU241 and Stivadiva for lunch on Saturday. Fun weekend!
                Super-powers meeting !!
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Restrained myself from chucking a hammer through the windshield... Details in my build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Thread/page15 Getting seriously frustrated with this And I leave for Cal Poly in just over a week. Looking to get some sort of reward for killing the last month of my summer.
                  Owner of:
                  1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                  In progress:
                  BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Bought 4 13" Geo metro steelies with practically brand new tires on them for $140. Pretty good deal I thought. Just need cleaned up, and as coat of black gloss paint.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• ^^ That's a killer deal man!

Not sure if you're dead set on the black but here's the set I ran for a while with charcoal wheel paint. I liked it better than the black.

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                      Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Finished removing the A/C. I can only guess it was dealer installed due to the odd placement of the 10A fuse/holder and the electrical component randomly slid under the heater core housing that I'm going to hazard a guess is no good, due to all the yellow powder that's completely destroyed the carpet under there and into the passenger foot well.

If anyone needs a complete A/C setup including wiring/relays, feel free to PM me. Pretty sure I've got it all out now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                          ^^ That's a killer deal man!

Not sure if you're dead set on the black but here's the set I ran for a while with charcoal wheel paint. I liked it better than the black.

These look good!!!

-James
                          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                            Super-powers meeting !!
                            Performing satanic rituals!
                            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                            '92 Aqua parts Car
                            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                            Your holy ghost will not save you.
                            Your God plutonium will not save you.
                            In fact...
                            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                              These look good!!!

-James
                              They did...LOL. That was a few years ago and since then I've went with an old school AR rim that I repainted. The Metro steelies don't look nearly as good now as they did then

Here's what I'm running now. I really wish I had taken a before pic because these look completely different with the new color scheme.

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                                Performing satanic rituals!

WHAT!!!! And I wasn't invited!?!? :nono: :p

WWZD
                                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                                X