Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot to mention, when I was at the Winston-Salem PAP yesterday scoring parts, the '93 Festiva has 3 OE 13" alloys with caps. Someone score them before they're scrapped.
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• I have the fourth one to make the set complete.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 11-24-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Did you reverse flush the heater core to ensure it isn't partially blocked?

Nah, I will have to do that. Luckily I have new hose clamps on there, so it would be a pain getting them off.
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 11-24-2013, 02:02 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• sc72, your box is full. Gimme a little room........
            Last edited by greywolf200; 11-25-2013, 11:10 AM.
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• added a louder horn to Skippy saturday, now he sounds angry when the horn blows, not happy (it's a good thing).
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                added a louder horn to Skippy saturday, now he sounds angry when the horn blows, not happy (it's a good thing).
                Truck horn FTW.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                  Truck horn FTW.
                  Dual horns like on my 64 Cuda! Almost sounds like a train.
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Installed a set of Moog Aspire tie rod ends.
                    Normally $48 each. I got two for a whole lot less.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-25-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                      sc72, your box is full. Gimme a little room........
                      Ok i'll get on it right away.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Painted the car below the side trim with truck bed coating, and it looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself.
                        Also painted the rear bumper glossy black because the old bumper specific matte paint peeled off in allot of places.

Pics to come after I paint the front bumper. Also learned not to paint big things in the cold, the paint will run like a mofo, luckily the runs are not to bad, was mostly able to hide them with another coat over top.

I Also ruined my jacket, and possibly a pair of pants. I didn't realize how messy that truck bed coating is. Also I am going to be showing up to thanksgiving dinner with allot of it on my hands because I can't get it out.

Comment

• Wear the gloves you were supposed to wear for painting, to Thanksgiving dinner. That way they won't see your hands. Buy a mechanic's worksuit on eBay like me.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-28-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                            Painted the car below the side trim with truck bed coating, and it looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself.
                            Also painted the rear bumper glossy black because the old bumper specific matte paint peeled off in allot of places.

Pics to come after I paint the front bumper. Also learned not to paint big things in the cold, the paint will run like a mofo, luckily the runs are not to bad, was mostly able to hide them with another coat over top.

I Also ruined my jacket, and possibly a pair of pants. I didn't realize how messy that truck bed coating is. Also I am going to be showing up to thanksgiving dinner with allot of it on my hands because I can't get it out.
                            Did you roll it on? Or spray?
                            Nastiness is expected with any paint type product.

-James
                            Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Yeah I wasn't thinking. :p

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                                Yeah I wasn't thinking. :p

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk
                                Haha. No bashing intended. I was asking because I've seen the roll on last a good bit longer than the spray. Unless its done professionally

-James
                                Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Working...
                                X