Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed some more of my Four Green group buy parts. Replaced the upper and lower brake caliper bolts, rubber seal on rear wiper arm and hood lip. I wondered why I couldn't shut the hood easily any more. Had to really push down to make it catch. I have to get a refrigerator carton to lie down on. Avella e-brake install next.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 04-04-2014, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Looks like I'm headed to O'Reillies to get another alternator. The one I have is not even a year old and it's making all sorts of noise & the battery light is coming on every so often especially when I turn on the head lights. The belt squeals on the alt too sometimes.
      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Bit the bullet and ordered a cat, and all the gaskets, including the springs I need. Though I found a cat on amazon for $81 shipped, about $16 cheaper than Rockauto.

So in all to get the exhaust system replaced with OEM parts, it cost roughly $300.

Yeah should have probably taken it to your muffler guy muleskinner lol. Oh well, at least I can bolt and bolt the parts now as they fail or rust.

You said you wanted $10 for the manifold you have? I will take you up on that offer, I will just need to find a day when I can come down and get that from ya.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          Bit the bullet and ordered a cat, and all the gaskets, including the springs I need. Though I found a cat on amazon for $81 shipped, about $16 cheaper than Rockauto.

So in all to get the exhaust system replaced with OEM parts, it cost roughly $300.

Yeah should have probably taken it to your muffler guy muleskinner lol. Oh well, at least I can bolt and bolt the parts now as they fail or rust.

You said you wanted $10 for the manifold you have? I will take you up on that offer, I will just need to find a day when I can come down and get that from ya.
          If you want, I can take the manifold over to the welder guy I know & have him torch the down pipe off and remove the sensor?

I could meet you halfway somewhere.
          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

• Got one of my two hood struts installed. Damn amazon seller only sent 2 or the 4 studs I ordered, and they were clearly labeled on the product page as having 2 pieces each, and I ordered 2. Seller better not try and weasel out of this one.

Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
            If you want, I can take the manifold over to the welder guy I know & have him torch the down pipe off and remove the sensor?

I could meet you halfway somewhere.
            That would be great! I would definitely save me the hassel of trying to remove the old downpipe from my current manifold.

I am just wondering where a good place to meet would be? Maybe near Trader's World?
            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-04-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Oil change and summer tires on. Yeah!!!! htd
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Yesterday I changed the oil, serviced the battery terminals, gave it a general checking out. Now it has 340,065 miles on it.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                  That would be great! I would definitely save me the hassel of trying to remove the old downpipe from my current manifold.

I am just wondering where a good place to meet would be? Maybe near Trader's World?
                  Ok, you will have to get me a week or so to get to the welder. Is the Speedway still up there at Rt63 by Traders World? We could meet there.

Mike

Comment

• Thanks to bravekozak, I've got a working sunroof! Its never stayed open since I got the car and voila!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1992 GL- 4" lift 25x8-12 Dirt Devils, color matched to below truck, still gets bangin MPG
                    2006 F250 KingRanch 4" lift, on 37's-does NOT get bangin MPG

Comment

• Installed my NEW center console from the Green order. Looks very nice. I also finished wiring the new rear speakers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iriegnome View Post
                        Installed my NEW center console from the Green order. Looks very nice. I also finished wiring the new rear speakers!!
                        So the new console boot lined up with the shifter with no problem I guess. When will we see pictures?
                        Last edited by 1990new; 04-05-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Well we thought that the belt was the problem, but we stopped on the Side of 95 at a rest area and put a new alternator on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                          89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                          Projects in the works:
                          84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Installed a new control arm on the driver's side.

Now everything feels nice and tight.

Also shame on Dorman again, the replacement lugs I have been buying are not all the same, they vary in design where the tapered edge is longer, and the bolt itself is a tad longer than the other, also some have a flat head with the part number stamped on them, and the other has the concave head like the factory lug bolts.

Comment

• Worked on Blue & Squig today. Figured out the radiator fan problems on both of them. Blue had a bad connection at the fan plug, Cut the old plug out and rewired other connections on there.

Squig had a bad fan. I'll replace that on another day.

Found out today, on Shadow, that my rad fan is staying on all the time now! What the hell? I guess it's a bad relay?!?!

Mike

Comment

• New Windshield put in

Well, finally after 10 years of looking thru a cracked windshield I got a new one. It only cost me 158.00 which I thought was a good price and they came to my house.
                                Attached Files
                                Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                                93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                                01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                                X