Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Off with the winter tires, on with the summer tires!! I'm just going to ignore the forecast for snow on Sunday.
    We should collectively ignore winter.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Brought home the second donor car today. Watch out. 1.6 Liters of goodness!
      Attached Files
      Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Nice
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• The storm I have been waiting for got here and still warm, no snow, just pouring down steamy rain...I put both snowmobiles in back, and finished up the red car to street legal. Wow, so nice to drive compared to the stock one. Washed it in the rain...put up an awning to expand outdoor lawn chair area. Put the 88 out in the rain and the 90 in the garage. Still cannot believe we had no winter!!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post

Mock-up of some '90 626 parts for my Festiva S project. They'll be reconditioned, the handle pockets painted or dyed black, and the armrests/door pulls covered with black vinyl. Again, this is a mock-up, so only the concept is being applied. These parts won't be mounted to OEM panels, rather much nicer custom panels. Think BMW.

In case you're wondering, the armrests screw into the OEM location.
            They look like the Honda parts I got. The Honda parts also had a power window switch at the top that could be removed without affecting the looks. Got those too.
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
              We should collectively ignore winter.
              Been doin' that all my life.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                They look like the Honda parts I got. The Honda parts also had a power window switch at the top that could be removed without affecting the looks. Got those too.
                Do you have a pic? I'd love to see that.
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                  Been doin' that all my life.
                  I guess some of us have that special ability, enhanced by geographic location. Haha

Comment

• Today i noticed specks all over the rear of my car, apparently my headgasket is leaking oil down the block and blowing down the underside. Still runs good though.

Comment

• Ordered a Radiator (mine took a dump) , hate those plastic crap.
                      Also gonna replace the T-stat at the same time.

What do ya'll use to hold it in place while installing ?
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                        What do ya'll use to hold it in place while installing ?
                        Silly kone.

Comment

• Originally posted by falkenfighter View Post
                          Today i noticed specks all over the rear of my car, apparently my headgasket is leaking oil down the block and blowing down the underside. Still runs good though.
                          Mine does the same thing. Oil leaks down the block and all over the transmission from the head.
                          Still runs nicely though, and oil level never drops on the dipstick, but the block and transmission are an absolute mess.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                            Off with the winter tires, on with the summer tires!! I'm just going to ignore the forecast for snow on Sunday.
                            Ignoring it didn't work...

...and it's still snowing. [emoji20]
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada
                            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• ^lol. At least where you are you can expect it at any given time. Here in Ohio we can get 60* and sun, 40* and rain, 30* and snow, or just plain drabby all in the course of 1 day. Take it all in for a week and you can see a 65* temp change. That happened here a couple weeks ago. I think I am gonna seriously consider moving again. Or not, and just talk about like 99.9% of everyone that lives in Ohio. LMAO

Oh yeah and I bought #10 yesterday. And finished prepping my gauge cluster and started working on my door panels om #9 today.
                              Last edited by Gomez; 03-15-2015, 09:12 PM.
                              -Bryant

Comment

• pulled the air cleaner off and went to adjust the carb and Waaaaaa? no idle adjustment screw, you know the little one inside the small metal hole on the back.... first one ive ever seen like that. cleaned up the air breather box and rechecked all the plugs. pulled the driver front spindle off and took it to a shop for them to tell me that it does have to be press back together the cv axle holds it together....... ok I know where im not going back to. went to install shoulder belts in my 89 from my 93 oh snap the holes aren't there for the retractor in the molding over the rear shocks. that's all for today

Comment

Working...
                                X