Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJLS7
    replied
    I need to find another Festiva! Had to junk mine a month a month ago much sad. So what did I do to my Festiva today? Well nothing... I cried about it lol. Hope all of ya have better luck than I do with your projects peace guys and gals
    Last edited by DJLS7; 10-20-2014, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 88festivasam
    replied
    Had a cool idea for my festiva. Its still on the drawing board though. To be continued

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Getting my engine swapped Festiva back tomorrow!!!

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    The harness you can make yourself it's no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Today I completed the installation of the clock that I traded Shadetree a bezel for. (Shadetree originally got the clock from Kumalaba).
    Shadetree sent me a harness with wires long enough that allowed me to hook it up at the fuse panel.

It works great. Dims automatically when the lights are turned on.

Nice!! I have the clock, but no dash piece cover or harness for the clock.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Today I completed the installation of the clock that I traded Shadetree a bezel for. (Shadetree originally got the clock from Kumalaba).
    Shadetree sent me a harness with wires long enough that allowed me to hook it up at the fuse panel.

It works great. Dims automatically when the lights are turned on.

Leave a comment:

• jayber
    replied
    All hitched up and ready to go home.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    mule, I did the same thing you did. Painted to gray. I recommend using some Magic Erasers on them, to clean them up good.
    The gray bumpers I put on will eventually be black and the squig car will be a burgundy color.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Now I have broken loose the passenger side axle bracket bolts.

Oh and I take back earlier when I said the autozone wheel cylinder being bad right after I put it on, thing is it was just the residual brake fluid dripping off. It is bone dry now, and the brake works waaaaaay better than the otherside. Can't wait to have the Aspire stuff, so tired of the Festiva brakes, lol.

Going to go ahead and order the Rear struts. Might as well match the front KYB GR2s with rear ones as well. Better than Monroes or Gabriels because Japanese is always better. If I go with Aspire specific struts though I will have to go Monroe.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by 88festivasam View Post
    yeah.... i tried this already when i bought a rear aspire beam from gomez... long story short it exploded on the way to pick it up.lol so instead of spending $10 i ended up spending between 50 and 75 bc i had to buy all of the tools parts and grease. and change it in a dark parking lot. lol gomez can vouch for this. lol
    Yeah after I tightened it up the noise went away, so I believe I am good. lol

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Sorry the pics so small.
    Go to my Albume in my Profile to see a bigger one.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    2994.jpg[QUOTE=TorqueEffect;670526]
    Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post

I'll have to get a picture then, but this one from a 97 Aspire Manual was just 1 piece, there is no sections like the Festiva one.w

Also I am not going to go back for the rear beam. Why pay $70 for one with no drums, or bearings, when I found one on car-part.com for $50 loaded, I will just have to make sure I get the ebrake cable with it.
    Not a lie.
    Cut the VAF end of the Aspire intake tube & use a connector from the parts store.
    Last edited by navdoc101; 10-18-2014, 07:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    mule, I did the same thing you did. Painted to gray. I recommend using some Magic Erasers on them, to clean them up good.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-18-2014, 06:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 88festivasam
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Went out and broke loose the rear axle bolts on the driver's side while I checked the wheel bearings. Had to use a half inch breaker bar with about a 3-4 foot cheater bar to break loose the larger of the 3 bracket bolts.

But yeah when I was on my way to Cincinnati yesterday I noticed about halfway there what sounded like a motorcycle or a car with a leaking exhaust was somewhere around me, but when I turned down my radio and it had been going on for a while, I then realized it was my rear wheel. So I jacked up the rear today and found the driver's side rear wheel had freeplay, tightened up the spindle nut a bit to get rid of the freeplay, but still allow it to spin relatively well until I can swap the axle out for an Aspire one. No sense changing bearings. lol
    yeah.... i tried this already when i bought a rear aspire beam from gomez... long story short it exploded on the way to pick it up.lol so instead of spending $10 i ended up spending between 50 and 75 bc i had to buy all of the tools parts and grease. and change it in a dark parking lot. lol gomez can vouch for this. lol

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Replaced the front bumper on Squig today. The red one had bondo chipping off, so instead of fixing, I thought it would be easier to place the bumper with one from the JY.
    Here are a few pics, enjoy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X