Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrMaxwellEdison
    replied
    Well we thought that the belt was the problem, but we stopped on the Side of 95 at a rest area and put a new alternator on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by iriegnome View Post
    Installed my NEW center console from the Green order. Looks very nice. I also finished wiring the new rear speakers!!
    So the new console boot lined up with the shifter with no problem I guess. When will we see pictures?
    Last edited by 1990new; 04-05-2014, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iriegnome
    replied
    Installed my NEW center console from the Green order. Looks very nice. I also finished wiring the new rear speakers!!

Leave a comment:

• v-train
    replied
    Thanks to bravekozak, I've got a working sunroof! Its never stayed open since I got the car and voila!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    That would be great! I would definitely save me the hassel of trying to remove the old downpipe from my current manifold.

I am just wondering where a good place to meet would be? Maybe near Trader's World?
    Ok, you will have to get me a week or so to get to the welder. Is the Speedway still up there at Rt63 by Traders World? We could meet there.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Yesterday I changed the oil, serviced the battery terminals, gave it a general checking out. Now it has 340,065 miles on it.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Oil change and summer tires on. Yeah!!!! htd

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Got one of my two hood struts installed. Damn amazon seller only sent 2 or the 4 studs I ordered, and they were clearly labeled on the product page as having 2 pieces each, and I ordered 2. Seller better not try and weasel out of this one.

Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
    If you want, I can take the manifold over to the welder guy I know & have him torch the down pipe off and remove the sensor?

I could meet you halfway somewhere.
    That would be great! I would definitely save me the hassel of trying to remove the old downpipe from my current manifold.

I am just wondering where a good place to meet would be? Maybe near Trader's World?
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-04-2014, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Bit the bullet and ordered a cat, and all the gaskets, including the springs I need. Though I found a cat on amazon for $81 shipped, about $16 cheaper than Rockauto.

So in all to get the exhaust system replaced with OEM parts, it cost roughly $300.

Yeah should have probably taken it to your muffler guy muleskinner lol. Oh well, at least I can bolt and bolt the parts now as they fail or rust.

You said you wanted $10 for the manifold you have? I will take you up on that offer, I will just need to find a day when I can come down and get that from ya.
    If you want, I can take the manifold over to the welder guy I know & have him torch the down pipe off and remove the sensor?

I could meet you halfway somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Bit the bullet and ordered a cat, and all the gaskets, including the springs I need. Though I found a cat on amazon for $81 shipped, about $16 cheaper than Rockauto.

So in all to get the exhaust system replaced with OEM parts, it cost roughly $300.

Yeah should have probably taken it to your muffler guy muleskinner lol. Oh well, at least I can bolt and bolt the parts now as they fail or rust.

You said you wanted $10 for the manifold you have? I will take you up on that offer, I will just need to find a day when I can come down and get that from ya.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Looks like I'm headed to O'Reillies to get another alternator. The one I have is not even a year old and it's making all sorts of noise & the battery light is coming on every so often especially when I turn on the head lights. The belt squeals on the alt too sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Installed some more of my Four Green group buy parts. Replaced the upper and lower brake caliper bolts, rubber seal on rear wiper arm and hood lip. I wondered why I couldn't shut the hood easily any more. Had to really push down to make it catch. I have to get a refrigerator carton to lie down on. Avella e-brake install next.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 04-04-2014, 06:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cory Hanson
    replied
    Replaced plug ,cap,rotor, plug wires, rad cap. done in 35 mins cost was $90.

tonight to view a 92 Festy for sale I call it a "parts car" many many issues with the car asking $ 1000 canadian funds, I said $200 - 400 after I check the timing belt condition, He asked me to leave , I gave him my business card. wrecking yard will give him $100 if it drive to there location under it own power.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Trying to figure out how to straight pipe it using OEM exhaust parts.

I may be screwed and end up having to spend another $100 on this exhaust and get a cat. =/

I just can't find any pipes that will fit in nice and snug into the oem pipes.
    A muffler guy I know could set you up. He could put a flex pipe in and do away with the cat. He did that on the red festy, Squig. He shapes and fits all pipes. He did the whole exhaust on Squig for $180!!

I plan on taking Blue there too once we figure out some other problems it has.

If interested, pm me and I will give you his number ..... He is in Kentucky.
    Last edited by muleskinner; 04-03-2014, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Trying to figure out how to straight pipe it using OEM exhaust parts.

I may be screwed and end up having to spend another $100 on this exhaust and get a cat. =/

I just can't find any pipes that will fit in nice and snug into the oem pipes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X