Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icedawg
    replied
    Stripped down my remaining cores looking for one to rebuild in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Just finished installing my oil pressure gauge. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454553995.461032.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Originally posted by Cory_Thurmond View Post

Added roof rails! Just need a windfaring now

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
    That stickerbomb fender! I love it!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Cory_Thurmond
    replied

Added roof rails! Just need a windfaring now

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
    It is disappointing indeed. We race this weekend, so it is unlikely I will get back out. Points add up from each race day so missing two race days out of 7 is pretty hard to come back from.
    I have another well used block I bought to build up as a spare, but have not done it yet. Tonight I took it apart, and learned it needs bearings, cylinder honing, a polish on the crank and rings. I will get that done tomorrow and then attempt to assemble it myself. Not at all sure I can get it done in time.
    Well i hope you do manage to get all that done on time, good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Icedawg
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
    Wow, thats got to be disappointing for having paid someone else to do it. :/ hopefully you can get it fixed soon and back to racing. How much of the season can you miss and still do decently? Or is it all individual races and not like a tournament?
    It is disappointing indeed. We race this weekend, so it is unlikely I will get back out. Points add up from each race day so missing two race days out of 7 is pretty hard to come back from.
    I have another well used block I bought to build up as a spare, but have not done it yet. Tonight I took it apart, and learned it needs bearings, cylinder honing, a polish on the crank and rings. I will get that done tomorrow and then attempt to assemble it myself. Not at all sure I can get it done in time.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by ECCustom View Post
    I need a center armrest, you have any pictures so I can get an idea on what to do with mine.
    Keep an eye on thread 55126 .
    I was going to test the fit on mine today, but will put it off until next weekend. I have cut and drilled the mounting holes akready.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Had to pull the ebay universal power window kit, driver's side unit failed, but it wasn't the motor that failed, one of the cables snapped.
    So I had to put the manual cranks back in.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Sadly, not well, it would not make enough oil pressure, so I pulled it tonight, and checked the pan and oil and then bearings. Fines in the pan and the oil, scuffing on the bearings I looked at.
    Will talk to the builder Monday.
    Wow, thats got to be disappointing for having paid someone else to do it. :/ hopefully you can get it fixed soon and back to racing. How much of the season can you miss and still do decently? Or is it all individual races and not like a tournament?

Leave a comment:

• ECCustom
    replied
    I need a center armrest, you have any pictures so I can get an idea on what to do with mine.

Leave a comment:

• Icedawg
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
    That sucks. How was the new motor working?
    Sadly, not well, it would not make enough oil pressure, so I pulled it tonight, and checked the pan and oil and then bearings. Fines in the pan and the oil, scuffing on the bearings I looked at.
    Will talk to the builder Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied

Tweak is getting a new clutch and a fresh G15mr. The Old tranny was starting to resist going into 3rd gear and the clutch was starting to slip in 5th gear. We got 40k miles out of that clutch though. Not bad.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Destroyed 2nd and 3rd gear in my G25mr transmission Sunday, and probably the differential too, while ice racing. I am suspicious an axle went bad and took out the gears, given the way one axle was hopping in an earlier race, but that could be just a bad shock.
    Getting motivated to take it apart and do the post-mortem is going to be really hard after the months of hard work that went into getting ready for the first race of the season.
    That sucks. How was the new motor working?

Leave a comment:

• Icedawg
    replied
    Destroyed 2nd and 3rd gear in my G25mr transmission Sunday, and probably the differential too, while ice racing. I am suspicious an axle went bad and took out the gears, given the way one axle was hopping in an earlier race, but that could be just a bad shock.
    Getting motivated to take it apart and do the post-mortem is going to be really hard after the months of hard work that went into getting ready for the first race of the season.
    Last edited by Icedawg; 01-25-2016, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Thanks for posting the pic of the underside of your hood. It made me remember to use a piece of clear lexan to mark the mounting hole locations to adapt an X-Terra insulator. I just finished sawing and drilling my center armrest mounting brackets about ten minutes ago. I enjoy modding stuff that should have been stock.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X