Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenevaDirt
    replied
    Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    That sucks Willie, how come you couldn't get the swap finished up in time?
    more parts needed then what originally thought.....car sat for a long time before I could get it to my house to pull the motor and actually start working on the swap....I was/am at the mercy of the weather not having a garage.

Leave a comment:

• JPT
    replied
    Put KYB struts on the back of mine. I didn't know that I knew that many words to call the strut to axle beam bolts.

They would have been a (insert banned word here) to get out, but a little time with a Sawzall took care of them. Afterwards, I got to play with my new MIG.

4 new Boss Audio speakers went in too.

Leave a comment:

• blacklabels
    replied
    Not today but this week! Gotta fix the back of my red car the back tire desided to turn sideways Driving on the highway Yay fishtailing at 65mph. Next day driving on highway and blue one desided to not have brakes yay score... Need new brake lines for that yay...

Leave a comment:

• woodyvw16v
    replied
    it wasnt today, but last week i finally got the short throw shifter from my ol' civic in the fes. replaced the crappy oem shifter bushings with some nice bronze ones. no more slop on either end now. topped off with a gsr shift knob i had, much more natural feeling, just a bit lower than the original. the spring was a PITA, but overall i cant believe i waited as long as i did to finally get that done.

now i just need to get the motivation to repack the rear wheel bearings, replace the drivers side axle and seal, dist. o-ring, cap, rotor, timing belt, tensioner, misc seals, and water pump that are floating around in the basement here- then i can start some fun stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    That sucks Willie, how come you couldn't get the swap finished up in time?

Leave a comment:

• GenevaDirt
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    This is an 1/8" off.
    maybe the mount was boxed wrong....isn't there a difference in a Festy versus Aspire mount....I have had Aspire brakes in a Festy box before...

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    Are you serious ! You're going backwards. I hate rework,
    Not more then I do right now....but I need the car on the road for the winter and we just had our first snow....not driving the LX in the winter here...it is getting put in storage.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Yeah, hating that for you willie.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
    put the B6T swap on hold and dropped the B3 back into my car....just have to hook up the wiring and exhaust...oh...and the axles.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    I put a front motor/trans mount on my buddy's 89 automatic LX. Went to put on the rear trans mount. It didn't fit. too narrow. They only sell the rear mount for the manual. Anybody have a line on a rear trans mount? I'm considering trimming the trans to use the manual trans rear mount.
    I ran into that too when I was putting Jerry back togather. Bought all ( 3) the used auto mounts I could find.

put the B6T swap on hold and dropped the B3 back into my car....just have to hook up the wiring and exhaust...oh...and the axles.
    Are you serious ! You're going backwards. I hate rework,

Leave a comment:

• Hot_Wheels
    replied
    I put a front motor/trans mount on my buddy's 89 automatic LX. Went to put on the rear trans mount. It didn't fit. too narrow. They only sell the rear mount for the manual. Anybody have a line on a rear trans mount? I'm considering trimming the trans to use the manual trans rear mount. Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance, and napa only have the rear trans mount for the 5 speed. I also put steering rack boots on it and freed up the pass side parking brake.
    do you still have the old mount? when i pulled the motor on my auto the mount separated, we took a piece of sheet meta drilled a hole for the bolt to go through, welded the bolt to the sheet metal and wrapped it around the rubber and welded it, its now a solid mount but im sure it will work fine, and wont have to be replaced again! unfortunately i didnt get any pictures, we just did it last week too.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I helped someone put on the rear mount last summer....bought it for the manual but he had an auto....worked fine
    This is an 1/8" off.

Leave a comment:

• my03devilz
    replied
    I didn't do it, but hubby did if that counts... got the dual thermostat in that he drove hours for, got a rad flush, and got rear brakes that it turned out weren't squealing, but it was the ebrake hanging up...... and hubby noticed an oil leak while doing the radiator
    Last edited by my03devilz; 11-12-2011, 09:43 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Joe Dirt
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    Redone the alignment for tommorows trip to the dragon
    Chased motorcycles through the dragon...

Gots lots of attention and thumbs ups from passer by's

Leave a comment:

• GenevaDirt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snq
    replied
    slammed it and trim

and a Christmas bell

Leave a comment:

Working...
X