X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reddragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Robalan View Post
    Yeah I'd say it would be, amazon doesn't ship to Aus so I can't buy em from there, and I looked on eBay and that was where I got the price from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I purchased mine from Amazon, they shipped. Individual stores on Amazon may not ship, but you can usually find one that does.

There seems to be plenty of Kia Rios being parted out on gumtree, and/or try your local wreckers

Just checked, in March 2017 I paid $90.74 aud for a pair of strut mounts, including shipping to Australia. They arrived the following week.
    Last edited by reddragon; 09-09-2017, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Robalan
    replied
    Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
    May be cheaper to have someone ship you a set from here, they are all over Amazon.

Being in the AU, I am not sure which parts would be easy to find in comparison to here in the US. I found a place that sells proper springs in the AU Though.
    Yeah I'd say it would be, amazon doesn't ship to Aus so I can't buy em from there, and I looked on eBay and that was where I got the price from

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    I could only find top hats for 160 aud which I though was a bit pricey

Did you try ebay? They are like the equivilant of $80aud here for me, a lot of that was shipping from the usa to canada.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Ok, so it's possible to use the stock ones? No difference in bearing inner diameter? Just harder steering?

Dunno, festy ones are narrower. I had to make spacers to use festivas struts in the rio mounts.

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied

May be cheaper to have someone ship you a set from here, they are all over Amazon.

Being in the AU, I am not sure which parts would be easy to find in comparison to here in the US. I found a place that sells proper springs in the AU Though.

Leave a comment:

• Robalan
    replied
    Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
    KYB is the brand you want, to make sure it will fit the coil over kit. Part numbers were listed in the start of the thread.

The Rio top hats can be had for less than $30 for the pair, it's really worth the price.

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    also, are these the correct rear shocks to buy?

KYB is the brand you want, to make sure it will fit the coil over kit. Part numbers were listed in the start of the thread.

The Rio top hats can be had for less than $30 for the pair, it's really worth the price.

Leave a comment:

• Robalan
    replied
    also, are these the correct rear shocks to buy?

Leave a comment:

• Robalan
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
    Its like adding power steering. I didnt believe it would make such a difference so i didnt do a before video, but this was a 2 handed operation with the stock mounts with only 100k miles on em. https://youtu.be/XZL8FG3j7bY

Ok, so it's possible to use the stock ones? No difference in bearing inner diameter? Just harder steering?

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    May I ask why the rio top hats? Whats the difference between them and the stock ones?

Its like adding power steering. I didnt believe it would make such a difference so i didnt do a before video, but this was a 2 handed operation with the stock mounts with only 100k miles on em. https://youtu.be/XZL8FG3j7bY

Leave a comment:

• Robalan
    replied
    May I ask why the rio top hats? Whats the difference between them and the stock ones?

Leave a comment:

• shorestiva
    replied
    I've never really ran them or tried to max out adjustment so I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
    2wd bf 323 plates will fit if the plates are trimmed and the holes are slightly filed. I made a set of universal plates work as well just trimmed them down to fit in the strut tower and drilled holes where needed.
    thanks for the info. Did they give you much adjustment? Was it worth it?

Leave a comment:

• shorestiva
    replied
    2wd bf 323 plates will fit if the plates are trimmed and the holes are slightly filed. I made a set of universal plates work as well just trimmed them down to fit in the strut tower and drilled holes where needed.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    I would like to try to mod one of these to fit the festy. I think it could be done very easy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X