X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• william
    replied
    Yeah tom used them but with stock springs.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Seems like tominmo used Bilstein one time. I believe there's a thread on here.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonhealer
    replied
    Someone here used the Bilsteins and made a concise report. But I can't remember who, nor find the thread.

Leave a comment:

• chrisofna
    replied
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I have a question.

In the original how-to you use KYB rear shocks, is their any problem with using Billstein rears? They are only about $5 more and I feel a little bit better quality.

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    dragonhealer, i emailed you! thank you! yeah that part firebush, either way this one that I made work is doing the trick for me right now!

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    That is not a Bump Stop Cup. It holds the Rubber spacer thingy like this but on the bottom side.
    Last edited by firebush357; 03-18-2017, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonhealer
    replied
    Very possibly, but if you can email a picture of a part that looks like the one they lost, to: dragonhealer60@yahoo.com ,along with your shipping address, I'll mail you one

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    I just tested it and it seems to work fine! you guys think this will be a good permanent fix?

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    For some reason I am not able to post pictures, I made my picture 50kb and its still not letting me put it up. anyways, from the vw coilover kit the i put the top hat thing from the rear coilovers upside down in place of the bump stop cup. it fits well im just hoping it works well, will let you know after I test it out!

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    well I dont have it and I dont really want to take the other one off but here is mike's pic. http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/x...224_224602.jpg
    the topmost rusty cup is what im missing

I might just try to use a different part from the vw coilovers that fits the bump stop.

Edit: I am not able to upload pictures because it's saying they are all too big.
    Last edited by fudge; 03-17-2017, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Can you take a picture of the part you're talking about fudge?

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    Originally posted by william View Post
    Go back to the shop or get one for what ever strut you used. Assuming you used a mk1 vw shock.
    the bumpstop cup was from the festiva strut. They gave the strut back to me but no bumpstop cup!! They wont answer the phone now! I'm currently trying to cut this piece of metal cover thing that came with them to make a diy bumpstop cup.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    Go back to the shop or get one for what ever strut you used. Assuming you used a mk1 vw shock.

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    I got it all fixed! I just needed an alignment and to tighten my coiliver rod nuts more! it was too good to be true!!! I heard my rear driver side making noises so I took it home to check it out. This was the strut my shop installed even though I told them not to -.- it was because the old strut got destroyed and they had to put it in. I was scared they wouldnt do something right. Everything is perfect surprisingly, except they forgot the bumpstop cup! ug!!! what a struggle! they didnt give it back to me with the old strut either! where can I get a bumpstop cup to replace this? I'm riding the struggle bus over here guys!
    Last edited by fudge; 03-17-2017, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by fudge View Post
    my tire size is 175/60/r13. It probably is hitting one of those things, possibly because of the slight camber? I will check as soon as I get home
    Yeah. You may need wheel spacers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X