Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getnpsi
    replied
    Today i received my carbon fiber film from ebay that im going to hit my grey replacement glove box with for practice tonight...Then im going to see how forgiving this junk is on multiple bumps and angles like on top of cluster and around the vin plate and defrost holes. If not completely terrible it will be what is used to finish off the project when i cut a 7x7 hole to try and implement my dash cooler storage area idea(s). sun faded tan interior that is turning grey, and sun faded grey pieces turning tan...cant make it worse other than cracking them like i have been anyway.
    Last edited by getnpsi; 10-17-2013, 10:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
    Bought oil feed line. Its going to be here in 4 days. 3 feet of -4 should work right?

On a second note were do you all reinstall an oil pressure sensor?
    Brass tee from any hardware stors

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Anyone nearby want to weld a pipe on my exhaust? I will buy ya a six pack.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Bought oil feed line. Its going to be here in 4 days. 3 feet of -4 should work right?

On a second note were do you all reinstall an oil pressure sensor?

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    Euro every time i see a picture it appears another shade of red. What is it exactly?
    1990 stock color (hot red), with touches of krylon lol. Just fades every couple months. I buffed it earlier today, so it looks darker

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Euro every time i see a picture it appears another shade of red. What is it exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Yeah dude. You should totally send me the car so I can take it off the road properly...
    by transplanting all of it into my rust free chassis

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Will do...

It's BAD!!!!....I guess this means it's time for paint and body work....
    Do you think my rear suspension is safe? It might fall off...
    Last edited by eurotiva; 10-17-2013, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Might need to Greg and you can send me the front lip for safe keeping.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Washed, and waxed mine....

Bad news....I found a spot of rust. It's right under the fuel door, I don't know if I should part it out?

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Started to put the t in the 1.3

Need oil lines now.
    Last edited by Chobobulous; 10-17-2013, 12:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ted88
    replied
    got a new to me oem carb from a pick n pull, came from a donor with 100,000 less miles then mine has; set it in the car and bolted it down just to see if it worked and ..... it started right up and now idles smooth and right between 800 and 900. so glad it is back up and running.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Today i did the conduit bar to tie the rear seats mounts together. I didnt drive the car spirited tonight but on the highway i could swear the squeaks and creaks have diminished! They are there at low speeds coming out of the hatch still but something positive is going on. For two $2.00 metric bolts and a pipe its worth it. Go about 39 inches in length, i did closer to 41 and my bend is too much. Ill make another one later, the bar is 1.70 for five feet something stupid cheap

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Originally posted by drddan View Post
    Worked on my 92 GL sport today. Got the new to me Aspire engine clean, ordered seals for the engine, and got both axles pulled out of the GL ... well almost both ...

.... the driver side axle inner cv joint pulled apart when I yanked on it! The boot just stretched!

I took the boot off and took the axle out that way. I'll deal with it when the engine is out.
    Same deal happened to me, but my neighbour (who's a diesel mech) just popped it back together. Just kinda massaged the two pieces together and it fell back in place.

Sent from the trash can.

Leave a comment:

• Breedlove
    replied
    Are you going to High temp paint that adapter so it doesn't rust, or natural it? I guess you could get a stainless adapter.
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Got the muffler installed to the intermediate pipe, and got it all installed on the car, but not to the cat. >_<

Didn't have the right size adapter pipes. (Someone used a universal cat on this car, so it was welded on.)

Though I left the one adapter on the cat, and on the way home from a friends I could smell that sticker on it cooking off. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X