Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ
    replied
    Blew the engine!

Ok, that was yesterday, actually. Spun bearing, I suppose. Spare engine goes in this week, then the car goes for final inspection, and should be getting delivered to it's new owner.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    I don't run it for heat, mine seems to be working fine, I do it to reduce the amount of excess air flowing through the engine compartment. I run mine year round except when temps approach 90°F+!
    Do you have pictures or details?
    I may be looking into a grille block this winter if a new thermostat doesn't warm things up.

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    Yes I think I will do this too as it does create extra drag!

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by Darlo View Post
    Not at the moment, although I have in the past. My core was SO plugged that there was barely any heat no matter what I did! Now it is so roasty toasty that I will only have to block the grill when it gets really cold (-10C/14F)
    I don't run it for heat, mine seems to be working fine, I do it to reduce the amount of excess air flowing through the engine compartment. I run mine year round except when temps approach 90°F+!

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    Darlo, you running a grill block?
    Only the "vents" in my bumper let air into the engine compartment and through the radiator.
    Seems to help warm-up faster and retain heat longer as well as reduce wind noise in the cabin. Mines not unobtrusive though, but seems to work well.
    Not at the moment, although I have in the past. My core was SO plugged that there was barely any heat no matter what I did! Now it is so roasty toasty that I will only have to block the grill when it gets really cold (-10C/14F)

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Darlo, you running a grill block?
    Only the "vents" in my bumper let air into the engine compartment and through the radiator.
    Seems to help warm-up faster and retain heat longer as well as reduce wind noise in the cabin. Mines not unobtrusive though, but seems to work well.

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    Yup unless you thought I was saying the heater core was $20 (the rad was $20, lol), The core was $108 + tax = $121 (You would need to pay first though, as it is special order)

Gerry's Automotive
    604-826-0519
    Talk to Curtis in parts, as he is the one that got it in for me.

I could even pick it up for you as I live close to Gerry's. Just let me know.
    Last edited by Darlo; 11-30-2011, 02:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• timmay89
    replied
    Originally posted by Darlo View Post
    Yeah I was thinking that too, but it is hard to tell what would be effecting mpg right now for several reasons.

1. It is getting colder here and rainy
    2. I now have my studded 155/80 winters, which only go to 35psi (rather than the 45psi in the 145 all seasons)
    3. Right now I am only driving one tank a month with a lot of city driving.
    4. My Kamm-back is sagging from a snowfall, lol......

In January I will be back at UBC for my final courses, and will be driving 600+ miles a week and mostly HWY, so I will get some good data then!
    Are you able to order more of these heater cores at the same price?

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    Yeah I was thinking that too, but it is hard to tell what would be effecting mpg right now for several reasons.

1. It is getting colder here and rainy
    2. I now have my studded 155/80 winters, which only go to 35psi (rather than the 45psi in the 145 all seasons)
    3. Right now I am only driving one tank a month with a lot of city driving.
    4. My Kamm-back is sagging from a snowfall, lol......

In January I will be back at UBC for my final courses, and will be driving 600+ miles a week and mostly HWY, so I will get some good data then!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Sweet relief huh? Watch your MPG. I'm curious to see if it is effected. Engine temps effect mpg.

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    Mike (Sasquatch) and I (mostly him) installed my new heater core and my double thick radiator (which I picked up for $20 at Pick-a-part!).

Now I get AMAZING HEAT!

Thanks Mike!

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Yeah, but your tray also fits nicely in the refrigerator! Lol
    Almost as if it were made for it!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
    good for storing tools in or you can use it like i did to put cold drinks & ice in on my way to raleigh
    Yeah, but your tray also fits nicely in the refrigerator! Lol

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
    Installed my underseat tray!
    good for storing tools in or you can use it like i did to put cold drinks & ice in on my way to raleigh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X