Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greywolf200
    replied
    Bought a B6 with 130K, an early two spoke RX7 steering wheel and $500 worth of parts from RockAuto for the B6 swap. Leaving Sunday to go to Fort Lauderdale for my second Festiva. Another '88 LX 5 speed with 139K. Gonna be a busy week.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Ordered a valve cover gasket from ebay, and valve stem seals from rock auto.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    it does look good!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing this car !

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Got a decent amount of stuff hooked up, including the throttle cable.

Also put on new plugs, wires, rotor, and cap. And dist o-ring.

Getting stupid close. Yet so far...

Leave a comment:

• ckiesman
    replied
    nothing today, but a few days ago i put my new hood cable on that 1990new sent me.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    BEST DAY EVER!!! I got the accursed axle out of the Protege trans. with the magic axle tool, OTC #7140 it cost $38.95 on the Summit website, I tapped it in (note it will feel like it is too small to go around the diff pin, just tap it some more and it stretches around it) Then I smacked it with the back end of a splitting maul (8lb head I think) and it popped on out, also note that the slot in the tool is a little short to punch the axle out, but it is long enough to defeat the clip. just pull out once it has reached the limit for the tool.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Well at least I have a goal of some sort. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• b1gballin
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    So in other words those wheels will fit on a stock suspension? You don't have different knuckles or hubs or whatnot?
    Sorry about that. I do have full aspire brake swap and festiva suspension. I put the back wheels on today, and this is how much room is left.
    Last edited by b1gballin; 05-08-2013, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by b1gballin View Post
    KYB all around, civic ebay coilover sleeves, 150 front/125 rear southwest speed springs
    So in other words those wheels will fit on a stock suspension? You don't have different knuckles or hubs or whatnot?

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Finally found someone willing to help me with my valve stem seal replacement. Can't wait to get that done.

Leave a comment:

• WeDefyU
    replied
    Put in a civic short throw shifter, fricken lovin it

Leave a comment:

• b1gballin
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    What's your current suspension setup?
    KYB all around, civic ebay coilover sleeves, 150 front/125 rear southwest speed springs

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Speaking of B6's.... started assembling the bits and pieces to drop one in my daughter's '91. To keep costs down we'll probably be using the B3 intake and ECU for now. Have a head and exhaust manifold, have a line on a rebuilt short block and just ordered clutch, rebuilt left side axle and gasket set from Rockauto.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    B6 is now dropped in

Getting pretty tired of this project though. Broke a stud in the exh manifold, and I have no exhaust solutions in general. I had a brand new festy downpipe but I now know that won't work.....................

b6in.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X