Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc72
    replied
    Alright good for you. So what did that wounderful piece of Mazda iron cost you. Smittys thats on the south side of town, the engine looks fairly clean, how many miles.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Fester
    replied
    I set up an appointment at my buddy's shop for next weekend to: replace rear struts and mounts with KYB G2s, install new MOOG lower Control Arms and bushings, and Energy Suspension sway bar bushings. Plus I shopped for cap, rotor, plugs, wires, filters. Looking for a set of 13" wheels. Tired of driving on the pinner 12"s with the skinny Yokohama discontinued tires!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    WELL WELL WELL, Just what do we have HERE!??!?!

1.6.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Past two days I've been working on a carb engine DON SVO gave me.
    I remove the carb top end- head, intake, carb, etc and put on a FI head and intake. Changed the oil pressure sender. Got the crank bolt off to do the front crank seal. Few other things. Got just about all I can until parts arrive. I'll order plugs, cap, rotor, wires, filters, timing belt, alt belt, clutch kit, PCV and grommet next week. Then the engine should be pretty much ready to drop into my DD when I get a chance.
    Oh, and I painted the valve cover red. Been wanting to do that for about a year and a half now.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    I'm getting an engine, not a tank. Smittys Auto Parts on Dewolf st.

I'll be leaving shortly, I'll be there in about 3 hours in a busted ass 88 Grand Prix. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    What yard in Des Moines has the tank, ill be in Des Moines today is there anything i can do to help.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    There's a drain plug???

Also, I get my 1.6 tomorrow!
    Wooooooo! Upgrade!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Located it on Car-Part.com, It's in Des Moines

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Yes Virginia there is a drain plug and its on the bottom of the tank lol, where did you get the 1.6
    Last edited by sc72; 03-28-2013, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    There's a drain plug???

Also, I get my 1.6 tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Yeah, most bigger yards...especially upull it type places will just puncture the bottom of the tank in several spots.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Half a tank means less weight and better gas mileage!
    Well I may have a chance to get a tank for $20 from upullandpay, but I would only trust it if they actually drained it using the drain plug and not by punching a hole in it like allot of yards do.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Half a tank means less weight and better gas mileage!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Well, my fuel tank is no longer holding pressure, it was leaking enough before to create moisture on the exterior of the tank, but at least the tank pressurized.

Now I have no hiss when removing the cap, and I am down almost half a tank from a full tank, and have done less than 100 miles.
    No gas on ground, and no more moisture on the tank than before.

Luckily a new tank off ebay is less than $100 shipped, bad news is I don't have the money for it yet.
    So from now on, I can only fill the tank halfway, or else I am just going to be wasting money.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    I had the same problem with NAPA as well. Advance had Moog seals in stock........shock.

Wow thats insane! I had no such luck lol. They didnt even have castle nuts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X