Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DriverOne
    replied
    Excellent work, Junspeed. I never would have guessed that could be fixed so well!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Got an inspection ticket. Not bad, made it with 12 cars and 4 bikes over a year without getting one. Time to get things inspected, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• junspeed
    replied
    Some good boys did this last year in less than 20 minutes...

With a hammer and pliers I manage to fix it like this...

It's been like this for more than a year until...

I fixed it with body filler. Installed a fresh pair of outer handles and locks as well.
    Last edited by junspeed; 08-20-2012, 03:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, just barely, the tweaking will begin, but she starts, and she runs! That is my first Festy swap...planning my BPT already!

Leave a comment:

• M3NTAL
    replied
    drove it for the first time in 3 months woo hoo!

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Replaced the hood with the one from the parts car. It has a hardly any rust and polished up quite nicely.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Replaced the front brake pads. Squealing is gone

Leave a comment:

• 91blufestiva
    replied
    Got my rear FMS springs installed! Can't wait to get the front done!

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    Geez! And I thought I did a lot. I replaced the passenger side lower control arm, and put in a new Duralast CV axle...

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Go Paul!

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    I did a couple things. Today, or as most of you would say, last night, say, 2:30 AM, Baby Car looked a little something like this...

The engine looked like this...

And as of 9:30 AM she looks like this.

Not much more than a couple gallons of Purple Power (Thanks Arty), a big brush, a little brush, and 3 beers couldn't do any old time.

Feeling lazy though. Might put a new engine and transmission in the old girl if I can find a shot of scotch or two....

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Filled it up on the way home from work. I got 42mpg on this tank. 41 + on the last one.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    I sold a festiva today, along with tons of festiva and aspire parts. glad to have the room and one less project going and glad to see someone happy to continue finishing a car. Can't wait to see it finished

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Do those speakers sound better than the stock ones?
    Do the speaker grilles fit with the new speakers installed?
    I never had stock speakers in my Festy so I'm not sure, but they do sound good for little 4 inchers. They were the best ones the store I bought them from head to offer. Cost me like 73 bucks for the pair and that was at dealer cost.

And yes, after installing them from the inside of the whole I was able to get the grills on no problem.

Here check out my garage thread where I usually put up more detailed pics.
    Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

Leave a comment:

• Larry Hampton
    replied
    Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
    Yup. Left rear was IIRC, 1/4" toed in. Took it home and took everything apart. Anti-siezed all fasteners and took it back to the shop. Saved the labor they would have charged to take it apart had there been any issues.

They still have to loosen the spindle to install the shim but it came apart a lot easier=less time=less labor charge.
    I may have to do that, they didn't have the shim and had to order it, left rear too.

I'll bring it back next Saturday to fix it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X