Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LittleHoe
    replied
    yanked the engine, and split the tranny from it just for something to do on an easter sunday... Is it bad when I call this preventitive maintenance?

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Wash n' wax. Lookin' shiny and clean. Too bad there are water spots waxed in now me and my poor toweling job

Leave a comment:

• Maikel
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I believe the Protege is known as the Familia overseas.
    Daem. Still it's 323.. Basically everyhing between GLC and 3 are 323's
    BA sedan is 323 Familia, but it's years 95-98, can you mean that new?

Leave a comment:

• Maikel
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Yep, can't go wrong with installing central locking.

I installed a $35 kit in mine, and it hasn't let me down yet. Best $35 I have spent on the car so far.
    Yep, I still have to install wires to blinkers. It's funny tought that I have bought the car for 300€ I have remote for locking the car, and I wouldn't have to reach for passenger side door to lock it.

And I forgot to add, I also changed the theromstat to orginal 2-way wax element.. Funny thing is that normal list price is 69€...

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Looks Good! What springs are you running under it?

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    The daily driver got treated with some new to me alloys

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Maikel View Post
    And also I installed remote controller central locking! that's sweet!
    Yep, can't go wrong with installing central locking.

I installed a $35 kit in mine, and it hasn't let me down yet. Best $35 I have spent on the car so far.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I believe the Protege is known as the Familia overseas.

Leave a comment:

• Maikel
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I got mine off an old Protege. Has variable intermittent wipe.
    Do you mean BG or BF chassis? I here we have only 323, so not sure wich model you mean.. I really want adjustable intermittent wipe..

But with my 121, I had fun day, "big service", engine oil change, gearbox oil change, fuel filter change, valve cap adjustment.

And also I installed remote controller central locking! that's sweet!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Not, quite, but I AM making good progress!

Got the new engine spotless, and the old engine almost completely disconnected.

Still need an EGT TB and a B61K ECM though

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Well glad to see you were able to buy such a nice engine and clean with 74K so why are you on here get out there and spin a wrench, with a little luck you should be done by this time tomorrow. April 20 there is a meet in Minn you can do it.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by sc72 View Post
    Alright good for you. So what did that wounderful piece of Mazda iron cost you. Smittys thats on the south side of town, the engine looks fairly clean, how many miles.
    $400, 74k miles. Engine is spotless aside for dust. No oil on it anywhere other than around the oil cap. So excited to get it going!!

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    A dual-motor GTP, but you should fire your mechanic. They did a horrible job of installing it.
    :lol: Sadly it would nearly double the power in it! It's just an 88 SE with the 2.8

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Put new brake shoes on surf blue and repacked the rear wheel bearings.

Leave a comment:

• Movin
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I set up an appointment at my buddy's shop for next weekend to: replace rear struts and mounts with KYB G2s, install new MOOG lower Control Arms and bushings, and Energy Suspension sway bar bushings. Plus I shopped for cap, rotor, plugs, wires, filters. Looking for a set of 13" wheels. Tired of driving on the pinner 12"s with the skinny Yokohama discontinued tires!
    Hyundai makes a nice set of 5 spoke mags in 13 inch and offset - rim width are perfect for the 145 up to 185 range. Mustang II steel wheels also fit nice. Those are the most common ones around here that fit nice. There are many others too!

I am tired of working on cars, going to take half a day off and take mine to the car wash.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    WELL WELL WELL, Just what do we have HERE!??!?!
    A dual-motor GTP, but you should fire your mechanic. They did a horrible job of installing it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X