Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scitzz
    replied
    Just put an aspire speedo cable into my Baby Car...

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    I'm beginning to think I might need a new rad, my temp gauge is gradually reaching higher points on the gauge and it's starting to become a concern, might as well start pricing out a new one
    Check coolant levels?

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    I'm beginning to think I might need a new rad, my temp gauge is gradually reaching higher points on the gauge and it's starting to become a concern, might as well start pricing out a new one

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
    I changed my speedo cable out yesterday after it snapped in half,
    thanks advancedynamics!
    I am changing mine in a few!

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    That's awesome!
    X2!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by lowrider27 View Post
    just finished tuning my oooga horn today lol. and aslo rigged my mafs to work till i get a new one
    Did you purchase Ghost's turbo Festy?

Leave a comment:

• lowrider27
    replied
    just finished tuning my oooga horn today lol. and aslo rigged my mafs to work till i get a new one

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    I changed my speedo cable out yesterday after it snapped in half,
    thanks advancedynamics!

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    after getting to madness for one day, i get a call from Caety: blown out exhaust...

ok, so i get under the car to do it and find that i now also have a rotting floorpan to deal with.... crap. you wouldnt notice it unless you tapped on the paint, and i tapped on the paint. so it's off to the body guy for some repair before winter. i'd do it myself but i don't have the space/facility for such things.

grrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• RazorWing
    replied
    I changed my passenger side headlight tonight! ^_^ And I learned what that screw at the top of the headlight does. >_> I's fixin' stuff! XD

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Got the VJ11 installed today along with a new Walbro 255LPH fuel pump and a fresh coolant temperature sensor. Re-sealed the oil pan, which was causing severe leaks from both the front and rear of the motor! Just gotta get my exhaust re-adjusted at the muffler shop and she should be up and running 100% again!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
    my amazing 8 year old little boy helped me bleed the brakes! He actually turned the wrench while I pumped, since he couldn't push the pedal clear down!
    That's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    I spent my lunch hour underneath a '93 in the junk yard, that I'm not really sure why it was there. It only had a little bump on the passenger front fender...

Anyway, I was going for the passenger side rear brake assembly. The plate, drum, spindle, everything. What a terrible design it is, to have to pull the shock out to get the 4th nut off! Well after wrestling for an hour, I finally got it off. Not bad. I paid $20, and I got the carpet that covers the back of the rear seat (Mine was missing) for $.50!

Got home and used some ingenuity to use an expanding magnet to get my socket on the nut so I didn't have to remove the shock, then just put my extension through the hole. Worked great! Checked out the assembly: Bearings are good, and well greased, the brakes look new, the cylinder is good! SCORE! Festiva is back on the road, after my amazing 8 year old little boy helped me bleed the brakes! He actually turned the wrench while I pumped, since he couldn't push the pedal clear down!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I used a straightened hanger to get my washer fluid tube up the side of the car and then through the top. Was kind of a pain, but I made it work!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    Fish tape.
    Will try that if a straitened metal hanger doesn't work.

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
    ^ Tie the wires together, run a peice of wire through there with them taped to the end of it and pull them through.
    Did think of that, but don't have any wire rigid enough, though I will try a straightened metal hanger tomorrow.

I just wanted to get everything back together today because it was starting to get cold and the wind was picking up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X