Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bravekozak
    replied
    I looked at mine too, sitting in a barn with a brand new car cover over it. Hurry March!
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-15-2013, 02:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• runner406
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Looked at the three feet of snow covering it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Turned it around in the driveway

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Got the last part for my suspension swap (I hope). It was the passenger rear brake drum. Inspected it and repacked the bearing. Good to go, hope to be done by Monday!!

Leave a comment:

• NTRCOOL
    replied
    My Festiva is back on line. SO happy just gotta keep it warm inside and I'll be all good.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
    Received a set of 4 stock "Ford" hubcaps (the tiny chromed ones) I bought on e-Bay. They were listed as "used" but I swear you'd never know it; they look like they just came off the factory floor. Cost me only $30 ($18 and $12 shipping). A nice score for snow tires in the winter.

And.....spent about 2 hours reading several air conditioning installation threads. Didn't know there were 2 different AC systems/set-ups.....factory-installed and also dealer-installed systems AND.....that the 2 are NOT entirely compatible.

Great....what a pain! :cry_smile: It's gonna be bad enough trying to install all that stuff someday in my non-AC Festy but now I'll have to make sure I have compatible parts when that time comes. I'm telling you now fellow Festy-ites, be prepared for a ton of "will this work" questions when I get there. :nightmare:
    I discovered a lot of the differences when I was putting my accident damaged Aqua AC back together. Depending on which setup you install... I have a new dryer in the garage that I ordered that would not fit mine because my fittings were too small. Also a used screw on at both ends low pressure hose. Cant use either and could not return the dryer. If you discover that you can use them, they are your just for the cost of shipping to you.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Received a set of 4 stock "Ford" hubcaps (the tiny chromed ones) I bought on e-Bay. They were listed as "used" but I swear you'd never know it; they look like they just came off the factory floor. Cost me only $30 ($18 and $12 shipping). A nice score for snow tires in the winter.

And.....spent about 2 hours reading several air conditioning installation threads. Didn't know there were 2 different AC systems/set-ups.....factory-installed and also dealer-installed systems AND.....that the 2 are NOT entirely compatible.

Great....what a pain! :cry_smile: It's gonna be bad enough trying to install all that stuff someday in my non-AC Festy but now I'll have to make sure I have compatible parts when that time comes. I'm telling you now fellow Festy-ites, be prepared for a ton of "will this work" questions when I get there. :nightmare:
    Last edited by Twistiva; 02-14-2013, 01:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Drove it around doing some errands.

But I am completely stumped about something and have no idea what is causing it

I noticed that while the engine is completely warmed up, and it idles for about 5-10+ minutes the next good amount of throttle I give, I see a good amount of smoke in my rear view mirror, but it doesn't always do this but when it does it only lasts until I am up to speed. (I have only had it happen a few times since I bought the car last August)
    It is like oil occasionally gets kicked into the intake but I have replaced the PCV valve a few months ago so I don't see why that would be the problem.

I do have a slightly rough idle that I have yet to diagnose with a vacuum gauge, and I have a leaky valve cover gasket.

No coolant in the oil and no oil in the coolant so I don't think it is anything headgasket or ring piston ring related, and if it was piston rings wouldn't it be burning oil all the time, not just once in a blue moon?
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I thought gay at first too haha.

Quick question about auto belts.
    My new one sounds q little gritty. Is there a way to lube these? If so what kind of lube and where?

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I was kidding...was just making a point. It could be taken the wrong way!

Leave a comment:

• B3Festiva
    replied

roads arent straight forever.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    I don't get it...is it a gay joke?
    I believe he meant that it handles well.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by B3Festiva View Post
    just got a sticket made that says "Festiva, because you cant always go straight."

I don't get it...is it a gay joke?

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Finally started replacing the driver's side auto belt on my 93. I've been putting it off since last summer. I've got the new one in and will put the interior panels back on after work. Gives me a chance to make sure the new one works right, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• B3Festiva
    replied

just got a sticket made that says "Festiva, because you cant always go straight."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X