Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deathrace2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post

The only hint you all get - I'll only be using 2 carbs instead of 4.
    Dual side drafts?

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    My driver's side autobelt stopped working.
    Luckily I found a factory crank at a junkyard a few weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• hodginsa
    replied
    My A/C is working again!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Drove it about 350 miles total. Went to a family reunion in Chattanooga, on the way there I saw a red EFI festiva with some wide Datsun rims sitting at a fire station, so I stopped by and talked to the guy for only a couple minutes before he got a call and had to leave . After lunch I made my way up toward Knoxville to meet up with Lucas (blueoval) to sell some alloys. Had a good chat even though it was scorching hot outside, then headed back. On the way home saw a couple of girls driving yet another red festiva so I flashed my lights and waved (horn doesn't work) and they honked and waved back. Finally made it home and my box of alternators from Link5186 was here So a pretty good Festiva day!

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Picked up gear oil and filled the trans. Notchy in to 5th, which I expected with the 3 piece synchro in the Franken-trans. Very slight diff whine that picks up around 40-50mph. It'll buy me plenty of time to get working again and source an f series. Now I need to tear down the one I pulled and swap input shafts.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Contemplated an interesting project along the lines of the carb-per-cylinder swap... the complexity grows a bit, and it's staying a secret for now, but it's something I'm interested in for a few years now.

The only hint you all get - I'll only be using 2 carbs instead of 4.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    Did you gain an extra gear with that knob?
    Yes! Lol. Swapped out my LCAs. Got your warranty set, G½". Now to wait for money to hit the bank so I can get some gear oil. Can't wait to drive the old man again!

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Ha! :p ...I am putting a 5 spd in it within a few months

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Did you gain an extra gear with that knob?

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    New shift knob!

Leave a comment:

• frogman
    replied
    Started sanding the rust out of my spare tire tub. Leaking tail light gaskets, for years, let water eat away. I wake up early and need something to do that doesn't make much noise. As it is too hot after 9 am, I can devote a few hours to the task. Another day or two and it will be primed and spray bombed. Thinking about spraying with truck bed protector to top it off.

Leave a comment:

• 2xclutchin
    replied
    ^+1

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    *like*

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Switched out the Mazda emblem in the grille...

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    The lines have a coating of oil in them and the canister is catching some oil. I unscrewed the cap from the bottom and oil drained out. It hasn't showed up in the sight glass yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X