Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darlo
    replied
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    It sure makes a difference, doesn't it?
    I LOVE MUSIC, and thus I always have to put my subs in and eq everything!

In my Festiva, I had dual Alpine Type-S 12" subs (dual voice coil and 900 watts peak each, 300 RMS) as well as a pair of Pioneer 6" x 9" 5-Way speakers (600 watts each peak, 200 RMS).

There is an interesting story with my amp (an older model Alpine 600RMS 4-Chan amp). So I walk in to the local thrift store and notice this amp sitting their with a sticker that says "$6 AS IS, NOT TESTED". So, being that this size and quality of amp would be well over $600 new, I had to buy it to find out if it worked......AND IT DID! Every channel worked perfectly, and it now powers my subs and my 6x9s.

I also bought a new Sony Deck with a 7-band EQ. I would strongly suggest that one gets one of these, as I was able to make the sound PERFECT (especially with those 5-way 6x9s, which you can see in the link)
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+...&skuId=2994206
    Last edited by Darlo; 06-28-2012, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    Installed my BOSS 600w.(200rms) powered subwoofer this morning. I have bass!!! Ahhahaha!!! Just right for 'Tiva.
    It sure makes a difference, doesn't it? Where did you mount yours?

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Installed my BOSS 600w.(200rms) powered subwoofer this morning. I have bass!!! Ahhahaha!!! Just right for 'Tiva.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by drddan View Post
    Cant say I blame her, that is a NICE car!

All of your cars are nice, though.
    Thanks man ! I was the 2nd person in line when the DMV opened today and I had all five required documents and money to renew the tags. Im waiting for them to require a urine sample to renew your license next. In and out in about five minutes this time.

2010 property tax receipt
    2011 property tax receipt
    renewal application
    proof of insurance
    inspection certificate

Of course Im an old hand at the DMV, its my fourth trip this year. Next one isnt due till may 2013. Wish you could get a five year tag.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    Diva pasted inspection and has a new two year tag. Cant believe Ive own this car for six years now. Lots of compliments at the body shop (inspection station) on its condition. Even the woman who inspected the car said " that is such a cool little car !? " Festivas FTW, always good for a conversation.
    Cant say I blame her, that is a NICE car!

All of your cars are nice, though.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Diva pasted inspection and has a new two year tag. Cant believe Ive own this car for six years now. Lots of compliments at the body shop (inspection station) on its condition. Even the woman who inspected the car said " that is such a cool little car !? " Festivas FTW, always good for a conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
    I clicked over the devil's mileage the other day, 166,666.6 miles
    Hey, almost matches the birth mark on my as ............ posterior!
    But no "1" and three less "6"s and no decimal.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Oh yeah, packed my bearings, topped off the fluids, changed out all four tires for brand new ones. Readying up for fourthstiva!

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Since I finally got sick of the sagging rear springs, I decided to take Kartracers advice. I took the front springs off of Silver, the future electrativa, and put them in the back of baby car.

BIG thumbs up for handling! Like a different car!

Now, I guess I just HAVE to get some bigger tires to fill the wheel well up

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    On tuesday Dad ran Babystiva out of gas trying to make it to Moes without stopping at a gas station. Went down there with FestEvil and we finally got it to crank, but not before swapping batteries between the two cars (he had left the hazards on in Babystiva for a while so it wasn't wanting to crank fast enough to prime the fuel pump). When I tried to put the battery back in FestEvil one of the terminals was messed up so I had to whack it with the backside of a wrench to get it on there tight enough. Apparently I hit it too hard and now the car wouldn't crank. Rolled it off and got it home where I swapped in the battery that was supposed to be going into the Focus. lol all this after my sister got her Saturn stuck on a log by running off of someone's driveway!

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    I clicked over the devil's mileage the other day, 166,666.6 miles

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    Man! Beautiful!
    Thanks man !!! It should be good for at least a quarter million miles ( 122,000 now). The quality of parts you can get for these cars anymore sucks though. Buyer beware !!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    Man! Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• FeistyFesti
    replied
    Got a brand new tire mounted and balanced for $12, tire cost $55 shipped to my house. I ordered it from these guys, they have great prices: http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...hen=View+tires

I took the car up to 70 mph without any wobbles and fear, coulda done more but backed off in case of coppers.

Leave a comment:

• ERK1990
    replied
    I gutted my whole interior except dash n driver seat (it's still drivable) getn it ready for cage and the start of the tracktiva.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X