Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boydg1
    replied
    .... How is this setup working out since you install it? Give us some details.

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    Installed an oil catch can.

It's an eBay kit I got for about $17. Seems to be made alright and was very easy to install.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    E-for-E trans swap. Gotta use what I have. Been missing sitting in that seat pretty bad. Next up: warranty LCAs.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie1717
    replied
    Originally posted by windy1 View Post
    Replaced rear main seal,oil pan gasket,clutch, Axle seals,motor mounts and oil pump. parts and labor: 1563.64
    Holy crap! That's another festiva, or three!
    Hopefully it is super reliable now. Post up some pics of your festy.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
    What happens when you corner hard? Do they rub then?

My wheels are ICW "Something Or Others", 7 spokes, allegedly 38mm offset, but they are WIDE (for a Festiva anyway), thus necessitating spacers. I've heard that if I install an Aspire rear strut/shock, its spring perch is higher off the tire and the spacer issue will likely be a moot point then.
    I can't usually get too aggressive with it because I always have my son strapped in the front seat and it's never running quite right...

But when I hit 60, 65, I pretty much don't slow down, so curves with 45mph safety sign aren't making them rub either.

Leave a comment:

• windy1
    replied
    What did you do to your festy today

Replaced rear main seal,oil pan gasket,clutch, Axle seals,motor mounts and oil pump. parts and labor: 1563.64

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    That is awesome, but looks far from comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• hodginsa
    replied
    Hey I slept in my back seat friday night, doesn't look quite as comfy as that, and it was at a rest stop...

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    We woke up in it. I slept in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    This was yesterday.

This is right now.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    I picked up my new B6 bottom end from the machine shop yesterday and ordered the ACL race bearing kit and ARP main studs! Man I miss boost

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I'd install a flux capacitor but then I'd probably get pulled over for flashy interior lights...
    Or for going 88MPH all the time.
    However, this may help me with my delivery times. Although a time pauser would be best for that
    Tivo capacitor?

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    That should have been PCV. I always do that.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Installed new PVC valve & cleaned tube & nozzle on plenum. Lots of black grainy crap in pvc tube. Seems to be a little peppier.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    BP donor still don't run. It's got a couple gallons of gas in it now. I pulled off all of the intake tubing before the VAF. I can push the VAF flap when the key is "ON" and I can hear the fuel pump humming away. I can get the car to crank but no cough or sputter. I bought it with a small front end collision on the drivers side that killed the radiator and kinked the intake tubes. The PO said they just had it towed home and hadn't run it.
    Now it's pouring down rain and I don't have a covered work area. It's got oil, doesn't hold water. I'm just a llittle puzzled on where to start.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    I don't want to answer for Christ but I'll add my experience FWIW:

probably not. I have 2nd gen miata daisies and I have full aspire swap and struts.

I have done 185/65 and 185/70 on the rears and the 70's rub, 65's don't as they're not tall enough to touch the spring perch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X