Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    Passed inspection.
    I failed last week for NOx emissions. They were just a little bit too high.
    So I ran some Seafoam through the tank and some through the intake. Adjusted timing (rotated distributor forward until the car was hesitant then back a little).
    Passed. Barely, but it did it.
    Try a PCV catch can. It'll get the oil residue and crap out of your intake, so you can actually run a little more advanced timing and you'll have less emissions.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Passed inspection.
    I failed last week for NOx emissions. They were just a little bit too high.
    So I ran some Seafoam through the tank and some through the intake. Adjusted timing (rotated distributor forward until the car was hesitant then back a little).
    Passed. Barely, but it did it.

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Switched out the front wheels/tires with good ones.. one had a bad flatspot on it and needed replaced bad!! Drives sooo much smoother now Also got a new pilot bearing pressed into a extra flywheel to get ready for this weekend. Swapping engines and installing a new clutch.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Built a franken-e-series 5 speed for the blue car using the the aspire trans and the cracked trans I got from gauge half inch. Used the aspire gearset and back half. I used the front half and diff from the cracked one. I was hoping that the cracked one had a good syncro ring for 5th, but all the teeth were in the case. Sadly that means the aspire one was the better choice. Its fifth gear syncro was cracked into 3 pieces. Ugh. Had a heck of a time getting the case back together. Turns out I screwed up the end of a detent rod. So after pulling all the crap back apart for the 3rd time and swapping the rod out I finally got it together. I can't wait to see how it turns out. 85 in fourth is just too darned loud.
    Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• rollertoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by link5186 View Post
    ^ my twin! I bet traction's pretty good on those. What's that grill?

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
    It's homemade. Just some aluminum with holes cut through, for my hid's.

Sent from my iPhone via tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FeistyFesti
    replied
    Got my car "inspected" today, she's now legal. Washed and waxed yesterday with Turtle Wax Ice.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Wow!!

Leave a comment:

• Movin
    replied
    Went wheelin and had to slide down a bank, through a ditch and up onto a road
    so I was wondering what my approach angle is.....I couldn't get it high enough
    to measure it, I want to measure before and after with the new tires..ATV
    when they get here.

Leave a comment:

• kellen302
    replied
    Trolled the interwebs for a donor under $1000. With gas prices nice and high in my area. Everyone holds onto their EGT's and Protege LX's. Or sells them for 4x what they should. expletiveexpletiveexpletive

Leave a comment:

• Evel Festiva
    replied
    put on a new grant 12.5" steering wheel.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Obsessive, compulsive.
    I always hated reed assemblies or evidence thereof.

Got my spot weld drill bits that I bought on eBay and peeled the reed assembly base off of my air cleaner.
    Ground off the rough spots, wire wheeled the rust, took a paintbrush and matched the original KB laser blue. I then cut off the return air hose fitting that was sticking out.
    Looking good.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-03-2012, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Movin
    replied
    The bar paint is not properly stained, You must be hearing the
    music from strings instead of dino fuel and 2 stroke oil!!!

Went "wheelin" today, lifted is awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Looking good Paul, need to do the same thing to my basement one of these days to get everything up off the floor so I have room to work (and work out) a little down there lol.

I gotta ask though, what made you choose the Echo?

A wise man recommended it to me.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    Looking good Paul, need to do the same thing to my basement one of these days to get everything up off the floor so I have room to work (and work out) a little down there lol.

I gotta ask though, what made you choose the Echo?

Leave a comment:

• twopass
    replied
    pulled the mighty 88 b3 mill to rebuild

Leave a comment:

Working...
X