Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Power door locks are now all installed and working. I have no idea how you can feed the wires all the way down through the inside of the hatch, there is no way unless you have some special tool.

Until I can figure out a way, they will just have to run along the outside, securely of course.
    Fish tape.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Power door locks are now all installed and working. I have no idea how you can feed the wires all the way down through the inside of the hatch, there is no way unless you have some special tool.

Until I can figure out a way, they will just have to run along the outside, securely of course.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-09-2012, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Used it to tug Goldie (Kelsey's Tracer wagon) out of the mud.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Decided against mounting the hitch and taking the Festiva to GA... it's making more funny noises, and has recently gone back to running like a POS.

Guess next week the trans is coming out and being swapped into my old Auto, and this car is the primary candidate for a lift and the diesel swap.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I hauled 400 pounds of concrete in the hatch area. With the backseat in it's regular position. Later I hauled a full-size door inside the car with the hatch closed. Try that with a sedan.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Replaced my brake light switch. No more paranoia about the guy behind me running me over!
    I'd worry more as to why that guy is following you everywhere...

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Replaced my brake light switch. No more paranoia about the guy behind me running me over!

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Thanks! Good price too...

Leave a comment:

• twopass
    replied
    Got all the bearings,seals,nuts,break shoes ordered for the wifes rear beam ordered from Rock auto and used the coupon from here.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    Link to set?

Same kit on Amazon

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Pondering getting another......

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Got the actuators for the power locks mounted and tested, but I am having trouble with the hatch locking, it will unlock with no problem, but will only lock if the hatch is open or not fully closed. ???

Only thing I can think of is that the motor isn't powerful enough. I will try disconnection the lock barrel from the rod tomorrow to see if that take enough strain off the actuator to lock the hatch while it is closed. That or douse the latch with WD40.
    Link to set?

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Got the actuators for the power locks mounted and tested, but I am having trouble with the hatch locking, it will unlock with no problem, but will only lock if the hatch is open or not fully closed. ???

Only thing I can think of is that the motor isn't powerful enough. I will try disconnection the lock barrel from the rod tomorrow to see if that take enough strain off the actuator to lock the hatch while it is closed. That or douse the latch with WD40.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    A..mellow Mountian Dew. Sweeter. I think its a Coke product. Must be hard on you livin' in a deprived fourigne country. JK, we really like our northern cousins

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    Think Mountain Dew.
    Sans the bromination.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X